• Replies 37 Comments
  • Views 3,524 Views

Jello

Not Funny
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
My car won't turn over. Well, every few times it will turn over and then die a second later.

When I got it inspected a few weeks ago the guy told me my serpentine belt was about to go. Could this be the problem. I think the battery is good. Alternator is practically brand new. Starter seems fine. It's trying to turn over but just won't quite catch. And the one out of five times it does catch it dies right after.

Sounds like a head scratcher. Tried googling it to help eliminate possible scenarios?

I don't

and every mechanic in chicgoland knows this.....

I don't have a grand and wouldn't lend it to you if I did!

No but seriously I'm terrible with cars. Good luck, sir!

Start with the simple things like spark plugs, and work your way up testing things like feul pump, etc.

Also, if you are into DIY see if your car has a Haynes Auto Manual. Before I moved to NYC I had a Honda Accord and used to love fixing it myself... Although I ended up being able to do some neat repairs that saved me a bundle I did screw up a few things that required my auto mechanic buddy to fix.. learned a lot though.

Boner is an expert on all things cars

dude can go into a car salesmen's office, and Boner leaves with Keys, Money, and the salesmen's piss on his shoes, due to scaring him so bad

Boner I appreciate that. But I don't want to fix anything.

Boner pay attention

he just wants a diagnosis....

Jello's career ideas

Gotcha. My guess would be fuel pump then... You must not trust your mechanic...

Also the haynes auto manual has a very extensive trouble shooting guide. Helps you narrow down what COULD be wrong with the car before taking it to a mechanic to get bilked.

I dont have "a mechanic".

(Why is Boner riding me like this??)

I will look into the fuel pump. This thing is bleeding me dry.

have you noticed any the magic smoke released from any of the electrical parts?