Who is this Paul Mccartney guy???

• Start date
  • Replies 39 Comments
  • Views 2,198 Views
I totally agree with that.

#agreeing

I meant against each other. Tron gets it.

One of these days I will illegal download their music and actively listen to it.

How do you rank the albums?

I say focus on the post-1965 stuff, Rubber Soul and later.

Tier 1
Abbey Road
Sgt Pepper's
Revolver
White Album

Tier 2
Magical Mystery Tour
Yellow Submarine
Rubber Soul
Let It Be

Tier 3
Help!
Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night

Tier 3 is what most people think of when they think about The Beatles - the cheesy pop tunes. You want to focus on Tiers 1 & 2.

I feel bad about putting Help! in Tier 3 but there's too much cheese on the album. Standout tracks are "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away", "Ticket To Ride" & "Yesterday".

Eddie Vedder educating the unwashed masses

Blitty doesn't have time for all that.

BeatlesA3.jpg

You can thank me in beer.

I watched the movie A Hard Day's Night recently. It was a basically enjoyable simple thing. Those guys were such droll scamps.

Could not help but notice the complete lack of virtuosity in their musicianship though. As far as writing, there is no denying --> it is right on target. They wanted simple pop hits and they delivered.

But I was kinda like, man, you'd think they'd want to learn how to play those instruments a little better.

Blitty doesn't have time for all that.

BeatlesA3.jpg

You can thank me in beer.

Yeah that's not a bad one to start with. (That's the 3rd Anthology, which is a bunch of raw alternate takes and other studio material. The 3rd one pictured above is easily the best one.)

I watched the movie A Hard Day's Night recently. It was a basically enjoyable simple thing. Those guys were such droll scamps.

Could not help but notice the complete lack of virtuosity in their musicianship though. As far as writing, there is no denying --> it is right on target. They wanted simple pop hits and they delivered.

But I was kinda like, man, you'd think they'd want to learn how to play those instruments a little better.

They all grew a whole lot towards the Beatles' end. Harrison developed into a very tasteful lead guitarist and McCartney wrote basslines that became gold standards.

But true, they were never great technical players.

Ringo was distinctive in his lack of ability. In a good way, somehow.

Droll scamps though. There was the one non-Beatle guy in that movie who looks exactly like a current actor but I haven't been able to put my finger on who it is. One of those supporting guys you definitely have seen a few places but just don't know his name and can't even remember what exactly he's in

At some point, he'll turn up somewhere and I'll say Aha! There he is! That's the guy! And I'll post a check-this-out, these guys were totally separated-at-birth (but 40 years apart)!

And everyone at gamelive will prolly be like :dunno:

Yeah that's not a bad one to start with. (That's the 3rd Anthology, which is a bunch of raw alternate takes and other studio material. The 3rd one pictured above is easily the best one.)

Thats album for 3rd anthology? What do you mean 3rd picture?

Yeah I meant the picture of the 3rd Anthology above.

Look for "beatles anthology 3" on kickass.

look up "picture anthology" and it'll come right up

Well shit, it fokken does.

Wow.

You just made me google "heather mills leg lamp" you prick.

so he is the guy that stole heather mills leg? now i get it... i had no idea who he was either :dunno:

Batman came up when i searched 'picture anthology'..