Who is going to be the next President of the United States?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,787 Comments
  • Views 108,313 Views
And keep in mind, Clinton bitched and moaned on 2016 on Twitter lol
Did Hilary Clinton say 3 months before the election that the only way she could lose was if the election was rigged?

MrX
You're not even debating in good faith, now.

If you won't acknowledge that misleading your followers about a stolen election for months and then encouraging them all to come to DC to "Stop the Steal" on a day and time when they could conveniently walk down the street and try to lynch congress is inflammatory then you're a fucking moron and I can't help you.
You make it sound like it's a rational objective decision made by some well meaning sovereign institute, in response to a particular act.
Yet we know that all these social media overseers and msm jokers in unison, have been trying to censor the President relentlessly. Along with anyone who challenges their bogus Russiagate narratives, experts who don't go along with the covid hysteria etc
There's constant attempts to belittle Trump, childishly referring to everything he says as a lie. It's clearly done in a fashion I've never witnessed. And this is somebody for whom half the country voted.
These corporate, imperialist fucks are out for total control.
Banning from a voice more people who are inconvenient, including THE PRESIDENT, is just another more blatant, egregious step towards that same end.

no she did it after
Ok I was not aware of that. Do you happen to have a link? I’m not implying I don’t believe you.

For what it’s worth, saying it before an election is more dangerous and more ridiculous, though.

MrX
I don't have any problem with you thinking that Trump shouldn't have been banned on Twitter.

What I'm getting worked up about is your complete inability to understand why they might have reason to.

Private business can do whatever they want right

Like a Christian bakery can choose not to make a gay wedding cake?

What are your thoughts on Capital Cops
enabling/being passive during riot? You’d think the majority favor Blue Lives Matter, no?

Private business can do whatever they want right

Like a Christian bakery can choose not to make a gay wedding cake?

What are your thoughts on Capital Cops
enabling/being passive during riot? You’d think the majority favor Blue Lives Matter, no?
Specifically protected groups Blitty. Lawyer Boner will confirm

You make it sound like it's a rational objective decision made by some well meaning sovereign institute, in response to a particular act.
Yet we know that all these social media overseers and msm jokers in unison, have been trying to censor the President relentlessly. Along with anyone who challenges their bogus Russiagate narratives, experts who don't go along with the covid hysteria etc
There's constant attempts to belittle Trump, childishly referring to everything he says as a lie. It's clearly done in a fashion I've never witnessed. And this is somebody for whom half the country voted.
These corporate, imperialist fucks are out for total control.
Banning from a voice more people who are inconvenient, including THE PRESIDENT, is just another more blatant, egregious step towards that same end.
I do think it was a rational decision. I don't think it was made by a well meaning institute. I think it was probably decided to be in the best financial interest of the corporation, as pretty much all their decisions are made.

If everyone's been trying so hard to censor the president all this time, they sure did a poor job of it. I've never heard a tenth as many words from any other president in my lifetime as I've heard from Trump. Until this moment he hasn't had any trouble being heard.

For the record, I lean a little towards not banning Trump on social media on the "right thing to do" front, but I'm obviously not confident on that stance.

btw, these guys are also pressured, if not forced, by government to take whatever steps. So this idea that they are simply private independent entities, with only a profit motive, doesn't hold a lot of water.
Here's Greenwald, right again as usual:
"Tech monopolies -- FB, Google, Apple, Amazon -- have more concentrated wealth & power than any in history. They have used brute force 3 times in 3 months to manipulate US politics: censoring NY Post, banning Trump, destroying Parler. And liberals are overwhelmingly supportive," Greenwald tweeted.

"What will happen once [Trump] is gone? The strategy has always been clear," he said. "To inflate the risk of what they call white supremacist terrorism, which increasingly means nothing more than being a Trump supporter, and then treating people in the United States who fall into that category the way you treat terrorists."

Also Ron Paul

A6A000CB-6F5B-418F-B08A-64D0FDE6EA6A.png
Doubt she will be banned today

Accusing an individual (not what she's done there) of being a white supremacist when they are not would probably expose you to serious civil liability in all 50 states. This is decidedly below that line but its not nothing.

Meanwhile, Biden's tweets are fucking cringey. You're on the brink of a civil war bud, raising the minimum wage by a couple bucks ain't gonna do shit.

Again, the real problem was allowing these monopolies to develop in the first place. Once that happened, there are no good solutions.

I don't think it's right to force these companies to be the propaganda machine that leads to election overthrow attempts and likely political assassinations. I also don't think it's right that several companies can completely silence anyone. If there was a functioning competitive market in this sector, voices would find their places, and be more likely to get the level of amplification that they "deserve."

IMO they should've just kept on moderating Trump's tweets.

But yeah I think it's the beginning of the end for free-for-all social media, at least for elected representatives.

Accusing an individual (not what she's done there) of being a white supremacist when they are not would probably expose you to serious civil liability in all 50 states. This is decidedly below that line but its not nothing.
I'm going to allow some leeway for a black lawmaker who was nearly captured in the fucking US capitol by a violent mob waving a confederate flag. That's gonna work up some emotions in a person.

MrX
Again, the real problem was allowing these monopolies to develop in the first place. Once that happened, there are no good solutions.

I don't think it's right to force these companies to be the propaganda machine that leads to election overthrow attempts and likely political assassinations. I also don't think it's right that several companies can completely silence anyone. If there was a functioning competitive market in this sector, voices would find their places, and be more likely to get the level of amplification that they "deserve."
Well sure, thats always how it works though, monopolies are the natural product of the system.
I don't think it's unreasonable to create a platform, then stay out of it, like a book store. Seems a good analogy to me.

But like I said, my bigger concern is the intent of the antihuman slime balls in power, to exert control. I'm not surprised that they would try to do it through any means, including whatever propaganda. But I'm a little surprised they can get away with such blatant tactics. And disappointed that the push back, whatever little exists, is made to look fringe. IE we do not believe in values of free speech, Human Rights etc..
We are petty, unsophisticated mob of baboons, who are easily manipulated, happy to pile on and attack whatever and whoever appears a target at any given time.