When you eat your Smarties.........

• Start date
  • Replies 65 Comments
  • Views 4,855 Views
I'll check. Smarties may have come before m&m's. :shades:

Wait Canadian Smarties are just chocolate?

Agree with Focker. They sound just like a ripoff of M&M's. No wonder they are not sold here. Nestle would get buried in litigation.

Just chocolate inside, but they're better than m&m's.

Smarties: first made in 1882
M&Ms: first made in 1941

I'll check. Smarties may have come before m&m's. :shades:

According to Wikipedia you're right.

Smarties - Outside Europe, Nestl's largest production facility for Smarties is in Canada, where Nestle has been manufacturing products since 1918.

M&M's - M&M's originated in the United States in 1941, and are now sold in over 100 countries.

Well that means that M&Ms improved the product then! America RULES!

Well that means that M&Ms improved the product then! America RULES!

Or they made a generic copy of the superior original like China do. Maybe the color on the outside contains lead paint.

Smarties are better than M & M's in my opinion. Given the choice, I would always buy Smarties.

I don't know how to put the difference into words. M & M's are candyish. Smarties are more chocolaty.

Wow this thread has brought out the true ugliness of many posters. Who knew that not politics, religion or quantitative theories could bring this out, but a discussion about candies.

You're either with us or against us, Bread. This is war. Pick a side. Don't make me do it for you.

They are only available in Canada, you silly American fuck.

Yes because the US and Canada are the only two countries in the world, right?

The were originally made by Rowntrees a British chocolate maker but they were bought out by Nestl about 10 years ago.

havent had these since i was a little kid in edmonton

Yes because the US and Canada are the only two countries in the world, right?

The were originally made by Rowntrees a British chocolate maker but they were bought out by Nestl about 10 years ago.
They are the two countries involved in the discussion related to this topic.

Dunder, pay attention.

havent had these since i was a little kid in edmonton
Edmonton, Great Britain?