When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 19,652 Views
Built in 2017

i0iyGlB.jpg

Former A’s minor leaguer dies of COVID 19 is probably being considered a CNN BREAKING NEWS story by CNN producers RIGHT NOW

^ Seems like a good, fairly complete picture of the situation. Will be interesting to see what the union says once the proposal is formally submitted to them.

I’m admittedly sensitive to this subject because South Florida is LITTERED with people who haven’t lived in New York/Philly/Chicago in 30 years and don’t support the Miami Marlins.

Agreed.

SoCal is good example. LA Kings are the only option for 30 years. Add Gretzky, and it’s an easy monopoly.

Anaheim shows up, due to Gretz popularizing sport in Southwest.

Options are to ignore new team and continue driving hour plus to watch a game OR embrace the nearby home team which is geographically convenient.

MLB owners approve plan to start season in July: report
Regular season to be about 82 games; Blue Jays might play home games in Florida

Tron if the Jays play "home" games in Miami will they have better attendance than the Marlins?
If the jays play home games at their training facility in Dunedin FL will they have better attendance than the Marlins in Miami?
Tronner pal, will you adopt the Toronto/Miami Blue Jays as your team?

Last edited:

This is all but certain: There will be no Blue Jays games in Toronto this Major League Baseball season.

Assuming there is, in fact, a baseball season.

While MLB works feverishy towards getting the game on the field for an abbereviated 82-game season starting in July, the Blue Jays, like all teams, will play their games in stadiums without fans.

Just not in their home park, not here in Toronto, which remains the preferred home of Blue Jays management and ownership.

There are two rather obvious reasons why you can’t play games at the Rogers Centre in downtown Toronto, even without fans in attendance. One, the border isn’t open to the United States yet and, in listening to Dr. Theresa Tam, the chief public health officer of Canada, it’s unlikely to be open any time soon.

And at the same time, the 14-day quarantine rules remain and will for some time, so how can any American team enter Canada for a three-game weekend series in July for example?

This isn’t just a problem for baseball and Canada. This is a problem for the NBA and the Raptors, possibly for the Maple Leafs and the NHL.

those seem like rules where reasonable exceptions can be made.

They're being a bit difficult. Who'da thunk.

I'm adding a quarter unit on April 2022.

Players union is holding up a deal... could just be that they're losing the media battle/negotiations but they sound like petulant children.

I’m totally shocked the MLBPA didn’t accept the offer 17 seconds after it was presented to them by MLB owners.

Just kidding. OF COURSE there is going to be a battle about this.