When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

Matty

Trinket Shipper
My $100 wager offer still stands, @Matty
I'm tempted. According to a graph I saw, owners would incur a smaller loss by not playing this season. Media revenue only covers 1/3 of potential losses for an 82-game season with no fans in the stands.

🤔

Matty

Trinket Shipper
(I don't know whether "full compensation" means prorated salary or the actual full dollar amount on players' contracts. I assume it's prorated.)

reno cool

leave well enough alone
Can they offer to pay them half? And would that make a big difference? You'd think that players would be happy to accept :dunno:

roguejuror

internet service provider
The Nicaraguan baseball league didn't stop playing the last two months, the San Fernando team of Masaya has 9 players infected, 2 of them hospitalized and their coach passed away on Thursday

This news piece from 05/13 says that they returned from a series in Bonanza all feeling sick but they kept on practicing and played another series after that one

After news of the death came out players from around the league started protesting and the baseball commission has suspended the league for 21 days

Photo from their series in Bonanza​

Tron

MLB owners are delivering a new economic proposal to players on Tuesday

Boner_18

Players propose 114 game season starting 6/30 but don't move off full (prorated) salary. Until they agree to lose some of the money they thought they would make in 2020 this ain't moving.

They're asking for a handout.