When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 19,663 Views
Well played you cunt but Archie is a baseball nerd like me. Mr. X and Tomato used to be deluxe baseball modelers so, ya know.

Na na na boo boo.
:laugh: how you know so much Tron? Must've been paying attention. But actually, baseball or cockroach racing. We don't give a fuck :cheers:
...actually I used to be in the late 80's. But that's beside the point

Real "fans" don't switch allegiances, pal. Once a fan you stick with your team for life.

I disagree. Real fans cheer for the home team ie: especially if they have lived there for a long time.

Nothing is worse than a guy who lived in Philadelphia for 3 years, then moved to Ft. Lauderdale and 25 years later he’s still a Phillies fan and not a Marlins fan.

:greencheck:

I disagree. Real fans cheer for the home team ie: especially if they have lived there for a long time.

Nothing is worse than a guy who lived in Philadelphia for 3 years, then moved to Ft. Lauderdale and 25 years later he’s still a Phillies fan and not a Marlins fan.

I will agree with you wholeheartedly, as soon as Matty becomes a Leaf fan.
K3hQRxZ.jpg

Hate to know what you think of me

I never hated the Leafs, and I would love to become a fan. I just can't seem to muster the enthusiasm. I'll put on a Leafs game and try to follow but I just lose interest.

Your team is your team. Switching is for the casuals. :p

I never hated the Leafs, and I would love to become a fan. I just can't seem to muster the enthusiasm. I'll put on a Leafs game and try to follow but I just lose interest.

Your team is your team. Switching is for the casuals. :p
I only hated the Canadiens when they were good. So I haven't hated them for a while :cool2:. Same with Philly, Boston etc.
I was never a basketball fan so I never got into the Raptors incredible run last year. I like it when Toronto teams do well but I just never had any history or connection to the raps. Yes I watched the last game in Oakland when they won it all and was happy , but then shut the tv off and went to bed.

The Leafs are a different situation. I used to go to games at Maple Leaf gardens with my mother (when she got free tix from her job) as a kid in the 70's and me and my dad watched the games on TV. I also went to many Blue Jays games at Exhibition stadium over the years. Was in Toronto at the Skydome when they won their 1st WS in Atlanta and celebrated on Yonge st after the win.

This was long before the internet age so the experience of being there was tremendous. Plus I was young. Middle age changes things.

PS: While I have hated the Canadiens its confined to the team. I love the city of Montreal and would visit every chance I got, I'm a Canadian homer though and love every place I've been in the country.

I’m admittedly sensitive to this subject because South Florida is LITTERED with people who haven’t lived in New York/Philly/Chicago in 30 years and don’t support the Miami Marlins.

I was a lot more into baseball when the Expos were around. I grew up watching and/or listening to games with Larry Walker, Tim Raines, Randy Johnson, Dave and Dennis Martinez, etc. Watching Dennis Martinez get his perfect game was one of the most nerve-wracking things ever (I remember Marquis Grissom caught the last fly out). I grew up near the Olympic stadium and our school constantly got free tix to the games. When they were playing late games I would put it on my bedside radio and fall asleep to the sounds of baseball.

Stuff like that is what turns you into a fan.

I watched the NBA semis and finals last year and am now half a Raptors fan.

I’m admittedly sensitive to this subject because South Florida is LITTERED with people who haven’t lived in New York/Philly/Chicago in 30 years and don’t support the Miami Marlins.
Did you just call them TRASH! pal?

I was a lot more into baseball when the Expos were around. I grew up watching and/or listening to games with Larry Walker, Tim Raines, Randy Johnson, Dave and Dennis Martinez, etc. Watching Dennis Martinez get his perfect game was one of the most nerve-wracking things ever (I remember Marquis Grissom caught the last fly out).

Moments like these are what turn you into a fan.

I watched the NBA semis and finals last year and am now half a Raptors fan.
I liked the Expos too. Baseball in Montreal was a unique experience. Plus, even though I was just a kid I remember CBC Sports broadcasts of Expos games in the early/mid 70's before Toronto got the Jays. Les Expos were Canadas team until 1977.

I never hated the Leafs,
This got me thinking. Why do people actually hate the Leafs? They have been shit for 95% of my lifetime. Who hates a loser? Nobody does but the hatred is usually from fans of smaller market Canadian teams that get bombarded with Leaf coverage on TV and little mention of their team. Montreal doesn't have this problem because the French media covers the Habs and few people watch RDS or Radio Canada in Alberta or sask.

Toronto and Montreal are by FAR the two most important teams in Canada and its a long way back to 3rd. Non Leaf/habs fans hate that.

See Marty, we used to get to watch the Expos regularly - CKVR Barrie was available in Toronto.

Yeah, it's a big city/inferiority complex thing. All around gheyness.

Although you make a good point about media bias. It is true that the CBC largely favors the Leafs. That would probably infuriate me if I was a hockey fan in AB.