What was your last google search.

IAG
Wow. good info Arch. Yeah, primary did tell me not to lift anything heavy. Have to wodk on avoiding stress, I may hit you up on pm or FB with additional questions as they come up. There is the GL No pistachio club, and now the GL Ascending aortic aneurysm club.

I feel like maybe Durito also had this issue.

I feel like maybe Durito also had this issue.
Really? Now I’m confused... I am reading that abdominal aortic aneurysms are more common, but thoracic are very rare. Does ascending mean it is thoracic or can you have an ascending AA in abdomen? I’m physiologicslly challenged.

Is it genetic or is it just a growth anomaly?
maybe a bit of both?

for me it's genetic in that I was born with a valve that shoots blood into my aorta at just a lil wrong of an angle putting extra strain on the aorta wall over time. Basketball Coach, Fred Hoiberg had this, and had surgery to fix the valve.

other people are born with connective tissue disorder like Marfan disorder that predisposes them to weaker aortic walls.

IAG
Really? Now I’m confused... I am reading that abdominal aortic aneurysms are more common, but thoracic are very rare. Does ascending mean it is thoracic or can you have an ascending AA in abdomen? I’m physiologicslly challenged.
Yeah it's been a long time, but I remember Durito mentioning some of this stuff in early days of GL

I'm not sure about how rare it is. I would have guessed that Thoracic are more common than abdominal, but googled and saw what you said. Abdominal are more common. I guess that make sense..

so the Ascending portion of the Aorta is very short. Whereas the Descending part that curves downward and breaks off at your hips into each leg is longer..... so maybe more opportunity for issues there? I'm really out of my league with speculating on that stuff. I only spent time researching what I was dealing with. and I'm rusty on that, as after I figured out that I could function same as ever, I stopped actively reading on it.

since my diagnosis, I've run my fastest adult 5 and 10ks and done multiple 3-5 night 40+mile hiking and camping trips.

so it doesn't have to slow you down

Yeah it's been a long time, but I remember Durito mentioning some of this stuff in early days of GL

I'm not sure about how rare it is. I would have guessed that Thoracic are more common than abdominal, but googled and saw what you said. Abdominal are more common. I guess that make sense..

so the Ascending portion of the Aorta is very short. Whereas the Descending part that curves downward and breaks off at your hips into each leg is longer..... so maybe more opportunity for issues there? I'm really out of my league with speculating on that stuff. I only spent time researching what I was dealing with. and I'm rusty on that, as after I figured out that I could function same as ever, I stopped actively reading on it.

since my diagnosis, I've run my fastest adult 5 and 10ks and done multiple 3-5 night 40+mile hiking and camping trips.

so it doesn't have to slow you down

Geez. Haven’t seen Rito around in a while. Think I messaged with him sometime last summer..Hope he’s ok. Good to hear you are doing fine with it. Like I said, I’m challenged when it comes to understanding physiology...really know nothing about the heart other than what I have recently googled. Will know more in a week. Hopefully like you, they just monitor and manage. Thanks again for sharing.

avocado mayo

:hmm:
This company makes a delicious one but it’s fokken expensive

625C8C7B-702A-4FB2-A549-621BE3F46933.jpeg