What kind of free downloads should I be pirating from internet?

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 2,795 Views
newsgroups brah's, torrenting is too dangerous. You're putting your IP out there to get dragged into a lawsuit

http://www.youhavedownloaded.com/

Hi. We have no records on you.
This means you are using a private torrent tracker or, of course, you may not be a torrent user at all! It happens. Please, entertain yourself. Feel free to see what other people have downloaded. The search box is on the top. If you have any friends who use torrents, use it to scare them off. We also have a widget that you can install in your website, blog or Facebook page. Or you can just send them a link to this site. They will see a table similar to what you see below. The only difference — they will see their downloads.

:dunno:

Having trouble with Rosetta stone. Has anyone done/used it successfully from torrent?

Trouble how?

It shows 4 files: Data, Documentation, Languages, Speech.

All the data files say I need a special App to open them.

The documentation is just pdf. Not really sure how I am suppose to use it.

Languages is just this crap:

<product id="SK-ESP-L1-NA-PE-NA-NA-Y-3.7.1.0.r29" levelIndex="1" titleKey="PE_ESP_1_course_title" language="es-419" resource="3750576669c39d5cca59ce90a3d7e402f62ebed5" encrypted="true"><locale id="de-DE"><string id="PE_ESP_1_course_title" text="Spanisch (Lateinamerika) Level 1"/><string id="language_name_es-419" text="Spanisch (Lateinamerika)"/><string id="PE_ESP_L1_product_set_title" text="Version 3 Spanisch (Lateinamerika) Stufe 1"/><string id="PE_ESP_L2_product_set_title" text="Version 3 Spanisch (Lateinamerika) Stufe 2"/><string id="PE_ESP_L3_product_set_title" text="Version 3 Spanisch (Lateinamerika) Stufe 3"/><string id="PE_ESP_S2_product_set_title" text="Version 3 Spanisch (Lateinamerika) Stufe 1 &amp; 2"/><string id="PE_ESP_S3_product_set_title" text="Version 3 Spanisch (Lateinamerika)

Speech needs application too:

There is no application set to open the document es-419.rsd.

Blitty, what is the file extension of the files that need the special app to open them?

Sometimes the files are actually ISO's and need to be burned to a DVD/CD.

There is no application set to open the document “00.rsd”.
Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer.

Is 00.rsd the file extension..?

Database file format used by REALbasic, a software development application that uses the BASIC programming language; stores data in a structured format that can be accessed via SQL commands.
RealSQLDatabase files may be loaded within a REALbasic program using a command such as: myDB.databaseFile = GetFolderItem("mydb.rsd").

I've never heard of .rsd before today. I had to look this up.

Hmm.. Looks like I need to download a mac power ISO.

You have an ISO, Blitty. You need to either burn the original file to DVD or use an app like PowerISO to mount the DVD without burning it.

Oh. If you're on a Mac, it should have mounted the image...

You have a Mac version of Rosetta Stone?

I think at first I DL'd the windows version. In middle of getting the MAC one now.

I'm also downloading the mac PowerISO app now.

Would it be easier and more efficient if I burned to DVD?

I think at first I DL'd the windows version. In middle of getting the MAC one now.

I'm also downloading the mac PowerISO app now.

Would it be easier and more efficient if I burned to DVD?

You shouldn't need PowerISO for a Mac nor should you need to burn it. You can mount the ISO by double clicking on it or through Disk Utility.

You shouldn't need PowerISO for a Mac. You can mount the ISO by double clicking on it or through Disk Utility.

Ok. I'll tinker with everything when it finishes DL'ing. I'll get back to you if I can't figure it out. Thanks bro-