What are you doing this weekend?

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 2,863 Views
All good things in due time, muddy!

Not working. That's what I'm doing this weekend. Not working.

Man, they're working the hell out of me. 10 hours a day every day. Hard labor. Plus the 2 hours commute time probably makes it seem like more.

But not on the weekend. I got a car appointment shortly for my muffler which has suddenly gotten loud. Might as well spend all that extra money I've been making. On a frikkin muffler.

Going to QC for my dad's big 65th b-day bash. I don't know why we're having a big b-day bash - we're really not the big b-day bash type of family. But my stepmom loves to spend money my dad doesn't have.

We hired a band and my two brothers and I were voluntold to play one song with the band. We settled on Bad Moon Rising 'cause it's short and easy.

I'll be playing my Rainville guitar equipped with Rainville pickups.

:guitar: There's a bathroom on the right. :guitar:

Going to QC for my dad's big 65th b-day bash. I don't know why we're having a big b-day bash - we're really not the big b-day bash type of family. But my stepmom loves to spend money my dad doesn't have.

We hired a band and my two brothers and I were voluntold to play one song with the band. We settled on Bad Moon Rising 'cause it's short and easy.

I'll be playing my Rainville guitar equipped with Rainville pickups.

:guitar: There's a bathroom on the right. :guitar:

Wot, you can't put in a little effort on your father's birthday?

We wanted to do No Rain 'cause that's the one song my brothers and I have arranged for three guitars, but singer guy says it's out of his vocal range. :jerk:

My bro rented some fancy amplifiers for us. I'm gonna be playing into a Vox AC15, supposed to be freakin' loud. Gonna melt some faces. :chickendance:

Brotha from anotha motha (same dad)

That Vox amp sounds absolutely glorious.

Ended up playing two songs with the band. At the end of Bad Moon Rising, singer guy (who was teasing me about my left-handedness) said to the crowd "That was nice, but I thought we were gonna do Smells Like Teen Spirit", so I started playing it and the band kicked in.

:guitar:

I won't lie, that was the highlight of my "musical career." The drummer also plays for legendary Quebec blues rock band Offenbach. MrQ and Mudcat may have heard of them.

Oh, and a funny scene when my dad rolled in at the venue for his surprise party. (He thought he was showing up to someone else's b-day bash. His actual b-day is next month.) Anyway he turns into the driveway as we are all gathered outside, sees us, brings the car to a sudden stop, scans the faces in the crowd, then he turns his head towards the back of the car and starts reversing. :biglaugh:

He is still in a state of shock as I type this.

We don't do big b-day bashes. :dontthinkso:

The only Offenbach I know is the Tales of Hoffman guy.

Oh, and a funny scene when my dad rolled in at the venue for his surprise party. (He thought he was showing up to someone else's b-day bash. His actual b-day is next month.) Anyway he turns into the driveway as we are all gathered outside, sees us, brings the car to a sudden stop, scans the faces in the crowd, then he turns his head towards the back of the car and starts reversing. :biglaugh:

He is still in a state of shock as I type this.

We don't do big b-day bashes. :dontthinkso:

:lmao: I like that part

so I started playing it and the band kicked in.

did you improvise a solo?

Nah, singer guy skipped straight to the end. No opportunity to wail. Let's try again at 70.