Wake Up You Sleepyheads

• Start date
  • Replies 129 Comments
  • Views 10,762 Views
Playing golf at a course that has been closed for 5 years and just recently re-opened. Straight heads-up match today with my nemesis. Great old guy who is tough as nails and doesn't have an ounce of sympathy for anyone who challenges him. Today could be brutal or it could be BEAUTIFUL!

I have been playing better of late the handicap is starting to come down. If I stay the course I will be down to a 10 by June.

i can relate to this wally....when i was young, probably 12-13, there was this old drunk at our club who was just a fucking monster...couldnt hit it over 240 downwind and downhill, but never missed a fucking fairway and to top it off, he was "that guy" who would putt it from 25yds off the green....you know the one....mother fucker would get it up and down with a putter and laugh at you while sipping his 8th coors light in 8 holes...he was a single digit handicapper all through his late 50s and into his 60s... guy drove me nuts to play against when i was a little kid... and fuck me running, you hated to see him on the other side of the card table when playing Gin after golf...guy was so good at cards after drinking beer all day, it was scary

RayRay, minus the beer you just described Euchee (that's his real name) even down to the gin. Well I sometimes get the best of him but when I win at either golf or gin it's a couple dollars and when I lose it's $50,$100 or like yesterday $250 to him.

There was no-one on the course except 2-foursomes in front of us and those basturds simply would not let us play through so Euchee and I played 2 balls each the entire back-9 at $10 and $5 which got bumped to $20 and $10. I would tie the hole with one ball and lose trash and he would win the other ball plus trash, it got miserable.

We used to play gin at my course but one particular guy, an old Italian (dead now) who was a bookie and seriously old school Gambino style would get pissed and threaten to knee-cap certain players so they forbid cards in the clubhouse rather than banning him. He actually pulled out a piece one particular afternoon during a heated debate about the play of a fellow gin player and the guy was his gin partner in doubles.

I just put pants on about a half hour ago to make breakfast.

There is more time to do the things you love if you get up and get started.

WAKE UP YOU :fok:'s!

I agree. Get up and get going. I always tell people the best part of my day is when I swing those legs out of bed and they hit the floor. Wake up, take care of business. I love it.

Made myself get up at 6am...went out to ocean. Chilled out. Saw egrets, pelicans, saw a hawk snag a fish and fly right over my head, stingrays, a crab. Really wanted to catch a porpoise sighting, but no dice.

Great day so far boyzzzzzz.

Good morning from St. Pete Beach!

IMAG1158.jpg

IMAG1255.jpg

IMAG1305.jpg

IMAG1330.jpg

that's nice. beach :up:

at least my pool opened today :dunno:

Reno I thought tou were gonna hit up the area sometime and we go poker crazy.

We can hit up all the tiki bars as well. Even a couple ping pong bars. :up:

yeah man, I've been meaning to go there forever. Maybe in the Fall. :dunno:

Definitely much nicer when it cools down a bit. I just sat by pol for 20 mins and had to ac my balls when I got back.

Just let me know if ur ever close.