Thread where Steves rambles about life

• Start date
  • Replies 291 Comments
  • Views 16,633 Views
I think face sitting with woman on top should be WAY more popular.

I really do.

One last thing Cami.

I respect you as part of the family here, I really do. So once I clear your name feel free to hang out. I mean sure you can hang out in the meantime, it's of course not my website except on Tuesdays from 4:28-4:30 am. I won't bother you for one second.

I promise, on the real.

I could use a steak but I don't have one so I think it'll be tilapia and veggies again. Maybe chicken breast.

Life is so complicated.

We are guitar shopping on Craigslist. Just had a very cool conversation with a dude and we're going to replace my stolen guitar, gig bag and tuner real quick here. The harmonicas can wait for now.

I can't wait to start sharing my playing with you guys again. I had so much fun doing that before and listening to your constructive criticism - especially you Reno. .

I'll throw a few up for the crew right now actually.

This one I played the recording of for a beautiful girl in a place. I should've gotten her damn number for Christ's sake she told me she would teach me to sing better. I thought I would see her there again and I never did. Also played it in the car for an ex boss and one of my best friends and he said it's pretty good. I still think the vox need to be better. We'll get there. This song closes Achtung Baby.

So when a Dad comes around with his daughter and they want to play a song, it can't be the morbid stuff I usually play. It has to be soft and pretty so that she smiles and claps. Funny helps too.

This is an old Beck song off One Foot in the Grave ad it's good for that.

Oh nice I found the one with the Father and the little girl. You can hear that I miss a couple chords because of nerves. I was able to get into it at the end. You can hear the Father laugh and them clapping at the end. One of the coolest things to happen in my life fellas.

Reno you said awhile back that this is my best song as of now and I do agree man.

It's another Beck song, off Stereopathic Soul Manure.

This one I played in another park and this guy was walking turns around at the end smiles and says "ok, that was good". Pretty cool moment.

I can't wait to play again for them out there. So much love, so much support.

This is a fucking awesome Kings song and probably my favorite to play actually. It's so well written that you can just let the vocals fly and it's ok, they tend to write like that because they're fucking geniuses. When I get harmonicas and a holder I'm going to throw one in A over it and it's gonna be a fuckin ball man. Just needs some work on my end.

Note - I'm only shopping on Craigslist in the $50 range. They're out there.

This is off of Ok Computer. I don't think it's ready for the public because yeah - that Yorke guy is PRETTY tough to cover.

I love playing it though and I'll keep working at it.

This one you guys have heard me play. Love the way the Pixies play it and the way the Kings cover it is a top 5 song for me ever. I'm no where close but it did get that guy to say he wants to jam and I did get those crazy girls in that town chucking change at me and the guy I was teaching barre chords too. So yeah, I'll keep rocking this one out.

I still can't believe one of them fingered me for half a second and they took off laughing their asses off. So crazy. Love it. Steves got fingered.

Here's another Beck tune off Mellow Gold. I really like the whistling in it. Just fun to fuck around with it since it's such a cool chord progression. I dabble with some barre chords at the end, it probably doesn't need all that. A bit of a mess but it's the only copy of it I can find for you right now.

It's fun to be silly with people as well. The cool kids like stuff like this. We can just all get faced and fuck around.

This is good for that vibe.

This is the last one for now. I had a cool experience in Philly where I played this in my apartment and the very cool people next door gave me a slow clap, lol. So cool. Despite the fact I had problems back then I was looking and playing pretty damn good (for me) in my opinion. Gotta keep up with those workouts.

And so here is the new guitar.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Johnson-JG-6...ar-Natural/1406265090?iid=182501750823&chn=ps

I paid 60 bucks. It has everything I need for now. The action is outstanding. He even threw in strings and a ball gag I mean gig bag all for sixty. It even has a pickup so when I get to acoustic night/band level we can just go ahead and do that with it. If we get strung out from poker we can go drink and play on corners that I know in a couple of towns.

So I have to say, I'm pretty delighted with how things worked out with this. I've needed a vent besides poker and boring you guys.

Here it is.

Actually I just remembered another apology. I TOTALLY apologize to Caligirl. I totally tried to lay game to her when I was with Cami. That shit was not cool and she cut me right down to size in seconds flat. So I am sorry Cali, you're cool as fuck and that was really fucked up of me.

Peace and love homie.