• Start date
  • Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 1,893 Views

Herman

Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
Kentucky had a very great chance at winning it all this year and unfortunately came up short. I don't blame coaching or players, WVU played a hell of a game. For some reason, I'm not even mad, and I can't figure out why.

1. WVU beat us handily and the outcome was never in doubt in the 2nd half. Better to lose that way than in the last minute in terms of emotions.

2. I've learned how to not get upset when things don't go that way, due to the fact that this isn't the first time something hasn't gone my away. Probably one of my best qualities.

3. I've matured since our elite 8 loss in 2005, when I was devastated after the loss. But that one was in double overtime, which is the opposite of #1.

4. The program has come a long way since the loss in the NIT last year. Hard to get mad considering that fact.

Also I was going to go to the Final Four if Kentucky had made it, so I should feel a lot more crappier than I in fact do. I was over the loss by the time the horn sounded. I just can't figure out why. The above are just some of the reasons I can think of.

I even have a friend that goes to WVU and he texted me good game afterwards and I was genuinely happy for him, due to the fact that he gets to experience his team going to the Final Four while attending school there. If you'd have asked me what I'd have done in that situation 24 hours ago, I probably would have said that I would have wanted to kill him for saying good game after his team beat mine.

Herman you will care less and less about this bullshit as you get older. trust me.

Glad to hear that you're not too broken up about it, buddy. It's just not worth it, the mindless fandom and allowing sports to decide whether your day was good or not. If you find later on that you need consoling, call me.

Herman you will care less and less about this bullshit as you get older. trust me.

Very true. I used to live and die with UVA. Now they suck at everything, so it's hard to care anyway. But even when they have the occasional important game, I hardly give a shit. Same with the Redskins.

Now when the Braves are in the playoffs, my heart is in my throat every pitch. Weird that baseball is the only one that lasted for me. Something about the intensity of playoff baseball when it's your team.

I get what you are saying Herman. I am that way with Bama football. I get irritated watching games with my sister cause she gets so negative at times, yelling and screaming at the tv. And I am able to get over losses easier than she can.

I hear you Nina. I was watching the ODU game in the NCAA tournament with a good friend who also attended the school, and he was screaming and slamming shit all game. I don't get how you can still be that emotionally involved at our ages. I mean if I'm at the game I'll make noise, but I don't care enough to throw tantrums in a bar or a living room. The only time I can get like that is when UVa is playing VT in football when both teams are good. You don't understand what it's like to live in an area dominated by Hokies. They are like "new money" people who like to rub it in your face how poor you are. VT grads have always had a huge inferiority complex when it comes to UVA, much of that due to the pompous nature of most UVA grads I admit.

If you can enjoy the wins but don't give a shit about the losses, you have life by the balls.

Herman, a chick I work with was telling me about her boyfriend last night who is a huge UK fan. She said he was literally crying about the game afterward. He has a huge banner in their house with Kentucky's national championships, and he had already taken it in to have 2010 added to the list.

Don't ever be that big a tool.

I get worked up over UGA football but thats about all.

Herman, a chick I work with was telling me about her boyfriend last night who is a huge UK fan. She said he was literally crying about the game afterward. He has a huge banner in their house with Kentucky's national championships, and he had already taken it in to have 2010 added to the list.

omg what a gomer. sad fella

LOL. People are really that pathetic? Wow.

Yeah Monkey, for many people in Kentucky the basketball team is all they have, literally.

Jello, was that girl empathetic to her boyfriend's foolishness or was she annoyed? I am guessing the latter.

Of course things have been thrown around the house and some loud screaming on occasion, but no crying please! JC!

Very true. I used to live and die with UVA. Now they suck at everything, so it's hard to care anyway. But even when they have the occasional important game, I hardly give a shit. Same with the Redskins.

Now when the Braves are in the playoffs, my heart is in my throat every pitch. Weird that baseball is the only one that lasted for me. Something about the intensity of playoff baseball when it's your team.

Funny you say that. I gave up rooting for my fav teams in all sports...the one that lasted the longest was Det Tigers. They were the one team I would always follow and root for with my heart. That is, until this year. Losing Granderson to the Yankees and signing Damon...yea...I'm done. Win. Lose. Whatever.