things you hate

• Start date
  • Replies 441 Comments
  • Views 22,953 Views
Complicated handshakes. I'm either giving you the high "bro" handshake where our thumbs interlock or the regular more formal one. I don't know or care to know about your choreographed, 5-step handshake. In and out bro, in and out.

Been shaking lots of strange hands, I'm noticing trends.

I like when someone does the snap, the pull away snap. I used to know a guy who would do that to you every time. You didn't have to do anything except a regular shake (maybe the interlocking thumb variety) and hed make you look cool.

In my Mexican high school the standard cool shake was what I'd describe as a knuckle grasp. I always thought that was pretty slick and simple.

Complicated handshakes. I'm either giving you the high "bro" handshake where our thumbs interlock or the regular more formal one. I don't know or care to know about your choreographed, 5-step handshake. In and out bro, in and out.

Been shaking lots of strange hands, I'm noticing trends.

Very excellent observation and almost a topic that needs its own thread.

I’ve found myself doing the “lean in with the thumbs interlock handshake and I’ll give you a subtle tap on your right shoulder with my left hand”. I’m not sure why I started doing that but I don’t hate it and it’s reserved for good friends.

If I’ve never met you, you’re getting a firm, standard handshake and if you try more than that with me I’m like “wtf is goin on here” in my head.

Forgetting to record the conversation you just had with a senior director for global product engineering for Amazon.

Learnt more about business in our chat than what I've acquired over the past decade through books...

The people you meet when traveling :awesome:

Forgetting to record the conversation you just had with a senior director for global product engineering for Amazon.

Learnt more about business in our chat than what I've acquired over the past decade through books...

The people you meet when traveling :awesome:
did the term "leftits " come up at all?

What division, AWS?
Not that I'm aware of mate.

Their base of operations was based in NY and this person was the 1st to be employed by Bezos to fulfill that position.

Got lucky when they got in touch with me again last night and we caught up for dinner, only this time I made sure to record the convo when it came around to discussions of business strategy (with permission of course)...

did the term "leftits " come up at all?
Haha almost every topic was discussed but that brother.

Did learn that we share the common interest in despising identity politics though 😁

Meanwhile, earlier in the day I ran into a bloke from commiefornia who's 1st question was "what do you think of brexit?". This was 6 hours before Theresa may resigned..

Needless to say we had opposing views. Majority of lefties really don't like to enter into a discussion when their views are opposed hey...

Might have something to do with that echo chamber they seem so eager to intellectually hang themselves by...

I like to enter discussions. :thinking: hoping I can still be a leftist, maybe something else. :dunno:

I like to enter discussions. :thinking: hoping I can still be a leftist, maybe something else. :dunno:
RJ is correct here pal.

Not that the opinion of others matters a great deal but would consider you more of a social liberal brother. We share alot of similar values though I'm probably more of a centrist on certain issues.

One of the most noticeable things I find alot throughout SE Asia is that they don't do the whole identity politics stuff. There's also far less crime (at least the stuff we can see anyways) and one of the primary reasons for that (statistically speaking aka facts) is due to the lack of cultural diversity. These countries are very nationalist (Japan has 0.03% of the population that is non-Japanese as citizens) and community oriented. Unlike the west where we might say gday to our neighbour's once in a blue moon...

The people here are far happier as well... Tells me that adversity creates purpose and purpose is what gives you fulfillment.

I hate men that order virgin pina coladas in a packed bar.

I hate women with armpit hair.

I hate when a 21 year old tells me they never heard of Cheers

I hate guys that play video game golf and when they get a hole in one, they act like it’s an accomplishment.

I hate when guys call a girl a hoe and not a ho.

I hate Facebook after any election or after an ending of a series.

I hate myself for putting this much time on this list.