The WWIII Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 305 Comments
  • Views 12,835 Views
Something something America is the worst country on earth something something :thinking: something something.

satisfaction is not good enough!

March has been wild so far

Matty has been power posting “WW3” videos and reno has stopped posting. reno, I know Vegas Dave and Matty can be big bad meanie’s sometimes but it’s all cyclical. Come back, pal.

And now Casper is back.

Is the Stevie double black eye smiley available yet

Poor Coolie, reminds me of when the Soviets played the big bad Philly Flyers in the 70's and got the shit knocked out of them so bad they quit the game, left the ice.

Fukkin Russian quitters.

Coolie you fukkin commie, come back.

In 1976 the Philadelphia Flyers laid 4 hits on the Russian National team. They promptly left the ice because it was “too rough”​

Just admit you were completely wrong about everything and we can move on. :handshake:
This.

@Tron, he's a big boy and can take his medicine. After years and years of posting unsubstantiated fringe theories and blaming the USA and their political powers (or shadowy figures behind the scenes) for EVERYTHING, an ounce of humility in saying "oh wait maybe I was wrong this Putin guy is bad news too" wouldn't hurt.

Frankly I'm surprised he didnt come back in with a " :thinking:" post when Russia made up this shit about us having bioweapon labs in Ukraine.

You heard of war in Donetsk? Minsk agreements? "Feared Nato for whatever reason"? Unprovoked, of course. What else would one expect.
It's a miracle it took Russia this long to respond.
Keep your fucking Nazis/terrorist armies, and weaponry away from Russia Ukraine and everywhere else. How about that?

I can’t help but think Zelensky sometimes thinks he’s the one calling the shots (in terms of the US and NATO response so far).

I can’t help but think Zelensky sometimes thinks he’s the one calling the shots (in terms of the US and NATO response so far).
I mean why not try to guilt/pressure US and NATO into action? He knows damn well his country can't win a war of attrition against Russia. I don't think he's "calling the shots" so much as he's pleading for an out.

Yeah he's just putting gentle but firm diplomatic pressure on us cowards.

Yeah he's just putting gentle but firm diplomatic pressure on us cowards.
And to be fair I totally understand the cowardice, too. WWIII is scary.

US/Nato trying to find a balance between punishing Russia (sanctions) and not escalating (troops or military help) makes sense to me. Zelensky trying to tell them that shit isn't enough and they need to do more makes sense to me. All reasonable.

The unreasonable actor in all this is Putin being an imperialistic murderous egomaniac. Whatever intricacies or legitimate gripes he may have with Ukraine, this war and situation falls squarely on him.

Like @Tron , you've said this situation is more complicated than USA lets on, Ukraine isn't faultless, etc.

Let's say that's all true, to an extreme. That Putin legitimately had no choice but to take military action against Ukraine as they were a legitimate threat to Russia. They instigated, had this war coming, etc.

That STILL wouldn't excuse all of the war crimes, attacks on civilians that offer no military advantage, propaganda, etc etc. There are no mental gymnastics that can be done to make these atrocities about anything other than Putin being a dickhead. And I know you aren't a Putin supporter or anything, I'm just illustrating my point.