The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,775 Comments
  • Views 213,587 Views
good back n forth. nice finish. I never liked the Dodgers.

Strange watching baseball these days. These players all look half retarded, and they keep zooming in on their faces

:what: they let these piece of shit dodgers win the World(?) Series? Alright, another 20 years before I pay attention to this stupidity again. Grown men with bats :whatever: Come on man!

In renoville, it’s no big deal when the Astros win the World Series but when the Dodgers end their 32 year World Series, it’s awful.

In renoville, it’s no big deal when the Astros win the World Series but when the Dodgers end their 32 year World Series, it’s awful.
Something about the Dodgers I just never liked. Not quite sure why. I mean, in my 45 years as a Red Sox fan, it’s not like they ever hurt my team in any way. I just don’t like them

I'm a Red Sox fan but have always been partial to the Dodgers as well, growing up watching Hershiser, Gibson etc. Orioles as well pulling for Cal.

I found myself rooting for the Rays here though, just a cool underdog team.

Saw a stat that Kershaw's and Betts' salaries combined land just short of Tampa's entire payroll. Crazy stuff.

WS ratings in the shitter when america is (or was) starved for sports... not good.

WS ratings in the shitter when america is (or was) starved for sports... not good.

The vast majority of Americans are unfortunately LASER focused on the election right now. I know guys who 3 years ago were REALLY into sports and now all they care about is worshipping Donald Trump and getting into Internet wars with liberals.

Sports are not nearly as enticing to watch on TV for the core demographic as they were pre pandemic. The way we watch TV (especially with out families) has changed dramatically. Sports doesn’t transcend gender and age to the point that it warranted a spike in watching during the epidemic. Binge watching and streaming TV has become the norm and not just catch phrases. Sports isn’t conducive to that kind of watching.