The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,774 Comments
  • Views 213,533 Views
Same 3,4,5 starters and if none improve Harper better do enough damage to offset the damage opponents will do to the starting pitching and I forgot to mention how shitty the middle relief was.

Same 3,4,5 starters have shown no improvement and not enough damage by Harper though love having him in Philly. And let me not forget how shitty the middle relief continues to be. Same result it appears as last season even with all the newcomers that came aboard. Lucky to be in the playoff hunt with being negative in team runs total. Braves levels ahead without having nearly as much money guaranteed in the future.

I was at the game the Phillies blew a 7-0 lead against the Marlins m. It was glorious.

Thinking about the MLB vs MLS startup odds .... wouldn't it be nice if baseball agreed to play more doubleheaders to get as much of the season completed? NEVER happen though with the player's union! Loved the doubleheaders as a kid spending all day at the park! Just being there even if not concentrating on the game! DO IT FOR THE KIDS to maybe grow your base for the decades to follow!
:mudcat:

They will play more doubleheader’s this year.

Also, I always wondered.....are Polaroid and vagabond the same person?

wasn't Polaroid the English guy? I met him. No way he's Vagabond

So Tacomax was Polaroid, right?

He died for real?
that's who he was. NO bash.
I still remember him and that skanky girl (who hated me) he was offering her $5 for pictures I think ..and then Blitty showed up. :lmao:
I hope blittydeuce means he just disappeared

I wonder if any of those old posters would wanna show up for another NO bash, just for the fuck of it

I meant Rip from the posting game afaik

vagabond might know more

Yes I remember meeting Tacomax very briefly at a bar in New Orleans in Decatur St. That was moments before Fishnasty disappeared from the Bash.

Taco was a gentleman.

I’m watching a game on MLB Network (Giants @ Marlins) from 17 years ago.

I was in the upper deck behind home plate.

Great memories. Never saw it on TV.

The game made MLB’s Greatest Games.

Sounds like an entertaining proposal!

The plan would include a three-week training period followed by an abbreviated regular season.

One possible realignment structure under the proposal looks like this:

Grapefruit League

NORTHSOUTHWEST
YankeesRed SoxNationals
PhilliesTwinsAstros
Blue JaysBravesMets
TigersRaysCardinals
PiratesOriolesMarlins
Cactus League

NORTHEASTWESTNORTHWEST
CubsDodgersBrewers
GiantsWhite SoxPadres
DiamondbacksRedsMariners
RockiesIndiansRangers
AthleticsAngelsRoyals
The designated hitter would likely become universal for the duration of the season.

In addition to spring training ballparks, three major-league stadiums (Chase Field, Marlins Park, and Tropicana Field) will also be available if this plan is enacted.

"When you're trying to get really creative, why say no now?" Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa said of the proposal. "So, you have a unique season. I've got no problem with that."

The postseason structure is also up in the air and could play out in a variety of ways, but a World Series would take place between the respective league champions in domed stadiums in November.

This is one of several contingency plans being discussed. Earlier this week, a reported plan to host the entire season in Arizona surfaced, earning support and skepticism from various parties.

MLB is waiting until for health and government officials to say it's safe to resume play, the official told Nightengale, with hope remaining that teams will be able to return to their home cities.

Tron, if this worked out, you would be in bases heaven! All the different teams you could see! Close up seating for everyone at minor league parks. Maybe games would be sold-out fast though? Wish I was retired!

Tron, if this worked out, you would be in bases heaven! All the different teams you could see! Close up seating for everyone at minor league parks. Maybe games would be sold-out fast though? Wish I was retired!

fans won’t be allowed at the games