The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,815 Comments
  • Views 218,718 Views
I think my favorite part is at the 35 second mark as Segura is a few feet from first, the first base coach puts his hand up to tell him to stay....

as if he might have rounded first and headed for home

also, they may have tagged Segura out as he got up and left the bag at about 28 secs. I don't think his foot was on the bag and he took his hand off and got tagged.

Aaaaah.

The rule that makes Braun the out seems weird.

You can't pass the runner in front of you/have two guys on the same base. It was Segura's base at that point. That's why Braun was out.

Aaaaah.

The rule that makes Braun the out seems weird.

well it seems weird in this case because it happens backward.

if Braun had rounded second and sprinted past Segura accidently in a run down, Braun would have been out by the same rule for passing a preceding runner.

but when you think of the rule, in this case, Segura is the guy that passes Braun, albeit backwards, but Braun at that point is still technically "advancing past a preceeding runner"

at least that is how I reasoned it out

I have tuned in to Blue Jays games about 12 times so far this year - usually in my car - and they have been leading I think once.

Last year I told a bunch of my friends that John Buck wasn't nearly as bad as his batting average made him appear.

He had a ridiculously low BABIP (especially the 1H of the season).

He has 9 HR's this month.

:ohbye:

Marlins so far tonight:

10 hits, 2 runs.

This fucking team, McB

Dafty, I feel ya! You a diehard fan and having to put up with a fuked up owner!

Mets 0-15 with RISP tonight

Marlins 0 for 17 with RISP in last 2 games.

Kershaw pitches for the Dodgers. He's pitching right now.

yeah even Joel "gas can" Hanrahan had a scoreless inning vs Toronto

There was a team very similar to them last year in the NL called the Miami Marlins.

Every year there is always that one team that thinks taking on big contracts with players on the back side of their career is a good idea. Every year it seems that team fails miserably.

Archie - ever go on a WF rooftop? I am going May 19th, paid $85 for one.

Every year there is always that one team that thinks taking on big contracts with players on the back side of their career is a good idea. Every year it seems that team fails miserably.

Remember when everyone was calling the Marlins a Mickey Mouse organization in the offseason when they traded those players on the back side of their career?

Remember when everyone was calling the Marlins a Mickey Mouse organization in the offseason when they traded those players on the back side of their career?

but they pocketed the money. They used those players to drive season tickets, knowing they would move them at some point. If Miami fans had confidence that they will rebuild fast, then the move makes lots of sense. A couple of the pitchers look decent, lineup is a trainwreck.