The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,815 Comments
  • Views 218,772 Views
but they pocketed the money. They used those players to drive season tickets, knowing they would move them at some point. If Miami fans had confidence that they will rebuild fast, then the move makes lots of sense. A couple of the pitchers look decent, lineup is a trainwreck.

Straw man.

The Marlins are absolutely a disgusting organization. No disputing that.

But they clearly made the right move by dumping JJ, Buerhle etc and the world (including me) jumped all over them when they did.

I'm not a Buerhle fan at all. Nothing more than a #3 starter. He was consistant, JJ's peak was much better.

RIP Halladay

if he never played again after this season, would he still get your vote to be inducted into the baseball HOF?

Tough call. 201 wins is not overwhelming by historical standards but times are a-changing. 300 can no longer be used as a standard - and the fact it is against only 103 losses is very impressive.

2 Cy Youngs. That playoff no-hitter is noteworthy.

You know what? I'd like to see some more wins but based on my own fuzzy HOF criteria of someone being at the very top of what they do for at least a decade - he qualifies.

He squeaks in.

Remember when everyone was calling the Marlins a Mickey Mouse organization in the offseason when they traded those players on the back side of their career?

Dafty, at that time the jury was out on them being a MMO IMO for selling everything but the kitchen sink a little early IMO, Marlins more or less said let's completely start over! The jury came in with the guilty verdict of being that MMO when they completely replaced sold items with nada!

Furthermore, the Marlins aren't a MMO today! :facepalm:

Tough call. 201 wins is not overwhelming by historical standards but times are a-changing. 300 can no longer be used as a standard - and the fact it is against only 103 losses is very impressive.

2 Cy Youngs. That playoff no-hitter is noteworthy.

You know what? I'd like to see some more wins but based on my own fuzzy HOF criteria of someone being at the very top of what they do for at least a decade - he qualifies.

He squeaks in.

Wins are almost irrelevant at this point

2 Cy Youngs, 2 second place finishes, one 3rd

I think he gets in pretty easy.

RIP Halladay

if he never played again after this season, would he still get your vote to be inducted into the baseball HOF?

Lock. Top 3-5 pitcher for 10 years.

2 CY's
2 2nd place finishes
1 3rd place finish
2 5th place finishes.

Never really got the publicity like others.

Indeed! Last pitch strike call could be worst I've ever seen! Don't know how Joe Madden kept his cool!

8632771029_037cfd4de4_o.gif

Madden said it as best as anyone could of!

Joe Maddon ✔ @RaysJoeMaddon

That can't happen in a major league game.
3:39 AM - 09 Apr 13

For his part, Foster should be credited for accountability.

"I saw the pitch and, of course, don't have the chance to do it again," Foster told a pool reporter (via Foul Territory blog). "But had I had a chance to do it again, I wouldn't call that pitch a strike."

Accountability? Guy should be sent to AAA for a period of time! That's accountability! Umps have too strong of union and IMO should be discipline to a higher degree!

On this rant again but WTF! At least the above was a judgement (bad) call! That HR in the A's/Indians ...... unreal Angel H should be fired! Heard he gets low marks from most players and managers! Ironic cause afternoon game same day where Ben Revere was SO SAFE at 2nd on steal in 10th inn of tie game and later that night a more horrific call!

Now last night in the Angels/Astros game ....... who doesn't know that when a hitter comes up and a pitching change is made that pitcher has to face one batter? I guess those 4 umps! To begin with IMO most of their bad calls are from not getting their lazy asses into the best positions to make calls ....... and now their blind one night and stupid the next! Here's what Angel's manager Scioscia stated, "I think the rule's pretty clear" after the game!

:mudcat:

Suicide rate will spike if the score holds up in HOU/DET game

No kidding. I played TT over 5 big, had 4 after the 2nd, probably push on 5.

Wow, I just looked. Don't think I've ever seen a -350 baseball moneyline before.

Nice win for Stros

SO many burials.

:blittster:

Wow, I just looked. Don't think I've ever seen a -350 baseball moneyline before.

i think Pedro in the late 90's was -400 or something against the Rays. Believe the Red Sox lost 1-0.

I think Pedro had a season where his WHIP was 0.7something

That's pretty insane.

i think Pedro in the late 90's was -400 or something against the Rays. Believe the Red Sox lost 1-0.

Yes, I remember that game.

Houston has buried their backers for a month.

Plommer - I have a couple of friends who bet Houston most every day, the old Due Factor. With a winning percentage under 30%, tey are getting their asses handed to them.