The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,799 Comments
  • Views 216,036 Views
Happy Opening Day, boys.

As always I will be at the ballpark in Miami for Opening Day. Looking forward to some hot dogs and Kona's on tap! The smells of the ballpark and the crack of the bat!

⚾

I'll be starting my MLB thread up in about 10 days. I typically try to stay away for the first week to see how rosters shake out etc.

Happy Opening Day, boys.

As always I will be at the ballpark in Miami for Opening Day. Looking forward to some hot dogs and Kona's on tap! The smells of the ballpark and the crack of the bat!

⚾

I'll be starting my MLB thread up in about 10 days. I typically try to stay away for the first week to see how rosters shake out etc.
Looking forward to your plays and insights through the season.

"Opening day. All you have to do is say the words and you feel the shutters thrown wide, the room air out, the light pour in. In baseball, no other day is so pure with possibility. No scores yet, no losses, no blame or disappointment. No hangover, at least until the game's over."

-Mary Schmich

Extremely tempted to take Pirates but wil stick to my guns

Extremely tempted to take Pirates but wil stick to my guns
Another day, another extreme temptation not to take A's today. Sticking to guns.

I'm looking for career leaders in RBI by HBP. Anyone know how to find this?

Curious more than anything.

I'm looking for career leaders in RBI by HBP. Anyone know how to find this?

Curious more than anything.
As of my last update in January 2022, there isn't a specific statistic for career RBI by hit by pitch (HBP) leaders in Major League Baseball. Such a list might not be readily available or recognized in MLB records.

Blue Jays got no-hit tonight

:toronto:

Great stuff. Many things have to happen in order for a no hitter to occur. He had great fielding behind him and a few fortunate
bounces. Also, his change up is so nasty! The difference in velocity throws so many hitters off.. I’ve always loved the change up!

Ronel Blanco !! :hattip:

My beloved Miami Marlins, already in a 0-7 tailspin to start the season, just lost Eury Perez for 18 months to Tommy John surgery.

It's gonna be a looonnngggggg 155 remaining games.

20 years of data showing that babying pitchers arms doesn't protect them from injury and what did the Marlins do last year?

They babied Eury, shut him down early (he missed the playoff series against Philly) and now he's cooked anyway.

I'm going to start my MLB thread on Wednesday (April 10)

These are no action but these games fit my criteria and would be plays. Let's see how BURIED I would have gotten:

TOR +135
CHC +156
COL +153
NYM +110

GL Tron

I woulda bet both TOR and NYM as well at those prices. Options are limited now that betting is legal and regulated up here.

I'm going to start my MLB thread on Wednesday (April 10)

These are no action but these games fit my criteria and would be plays. Let's see how BURIED I would have gotten:

TOR +135
CHC +156
COL +153
NYM +110
SWOOSH!

Nothing but (hypothetical) net!

+5.54 hypothetical units

:irishluck:

Last edited: