The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,806 Comments
  • Views 216,428 Views
Polaroid was from a town called Huddersfield, their team just won promotion to the EPL, Polaroid would have loved to see them at the top, Rest in Peace Polaroid

My next post was going to be about how Joey Votto is a fine Toronto boy, but you took the wind out of my sails.

Polaroid was from a town called Huddersfield, their team just won promotion to the EPL, Polaroid would have loved to see them at the top, Rest in Peace Polaroid

So Polaroid is no longer among the living? :dunno:

wow Votto is SIGNIFICANTLY better than all other actives as well!

1. Joey Votto (11, 33) .4242 L
2. Mike Trout (7, 25) .4083 R
3. Paul Goldschmidt (7, 29) .4005 R
4. Miguel Cabrera (15, 34) .3982 R
5. Joe Mauer (14, 34) .3906 L
6. Albert Pujols (17, 37) .3905 R
7. Matt Holliday (14, 37) .3815 R
8. Shin-Soo Choo (13, 34) .3806 L
9. Andrew McCutchen (9, 30) .3780 R
10. Freddie Freeman (8, 27) .3762 L

that is good for 13th all time among some pretty decent names http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/onbase_perc_career.shtml

say.... Where does that Votto hail from?

It would be cool if Votto could catch Tris Speaker.

No special reason - I just like saying Tris Speaker.

Always like Joey V until his antics in Philly! He's now a member of MrM's PUNK list! :down:

Joey Votto went the entire 2010 season without hitting a pop-up to an infielder.

And he only pulled a foul ball into the stands once in the first ~3000 at-bats of his career. I don't know if it has happened since then, but weird. You think of how common it is for a pulled tater to drift just foul.

Nope.

The Natinals and Natinaling really hard right now.

October baseball is my favorite, cause theres hockey on at the same time.

:mrquincy:

Go Expos.

Cubbies magic again! I guess a good call on the pickoff at first but really thought they weren't going to overturn it! I like seeing the right calls made but game getting to a point of having the correct balls and strikes called by as machine too! Hopefully not! I enjoy complaining now and then!
:mudcat:

They should switch to computers calling balls and strikes RIGHT NOW. Like mid-playoffs. Change in mid-game if you have to.

Okay I know that's not going to happen but it will happen soon. It lets games and series and championships be decided by the play of players instead of a bunch of dopey, pantload, who-the-fuck-even-are-these-guys? umpires.

AND it speeds up the game. It totally removes one thing to have tantrums about. The call was correct - fuck off.

No-brainer of all time. It's inevitable. Just get on with it.

I think it is a mistake to think of purists as one thing. Purists are all over the place. Each one has his own little comfort zone and they tag themselves as purists because it feels cooler than "anal doofuses."

I don't know. I always hear the chatter about speeding up the game with only token resistance to the idea. A whole cross-section of fans and insiders seem to want it. It's been going on for years and decades.

Astros the only team I don't hate that's left, :lesgo::choochoo:

Baseball without umpires :uh::facepalm:
People who are into baseball for the objective significance of hitting a ball with a stick are much more enlightened than those who are in it for the cultural, historic, ambient quality. :hey:
I say get rid of all challenges and reviews in all sports. I used to be for it when 1st appeared in NFL, but now I see it all as time wasting distraction. It also changes how you view the game. Your mind always thinking this will be reviewed. I think that's a negative. Let the referees show their talents, they are part of the game, and move on. ..After all, sport is an extracurricular activity.

And the lowest of the low is the nhl offside challenge :sparesomecutter: that's an absolute disgrace