• Replies 13 Comments
  • Views 989 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just found out one of the nicest people I ever met was shot and killed in a home robbery. We went through school together and were a regular team as altar boys at church. He was actually the first person in town to tell me he liked me just as much gay as when I was "straight." His Dad was my math teacher in high school and the mother of his baby girl was in the choir with me from 5th grade on.

I don't really know why I'm typing all this, but I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that tragedy descended without warning upon one of the best families I know. It pisses me off too that I know the murderer, one of the bevy of homeless tweakers in the area who make a living off looting and trimming weed. My friend lived two blocks from the police station too, but it took a half hour for emergency personnel to respond to his neighbor's report of hearing gunshots.

I'm a man of faith and I'm certain that in the coming days I will come to terms with what has happened. Right now though, I wish there were something I could do to stop this from happening again. I'd love to go out and blow away some of those homeless tweakers, and I'd like to give our corrupt police chief a pressure enema with a 12-gauge for prioritizing emergency calls based on the relative wealth of the neighborhood. Maybe if they'd shown up right after the call he wouldn't have bled to death in his living room...

Thanks for letting me vent guys. And please, tell the people that brighten your life how special they are.

RIP Curt, you'll always be in my heart.

Sometimes there is so much unfair shit in the world, there is no choice but to desensitize and tune it out. But then sometimes it gets too close to home.

Sorry to hear this upsetting news.

thoughts are with you r.s.

Bad news to hear for sure! My condolences!

Sorry to hear that R.S.

My uncle just passed away a few days ago from a heart attack while playing basketball. Leaves behind a wife a 4 kids. This is my second uncle to die far too young in the last few months. You are right in that it is never too late to tell someone they are special to you.

Sorry to hear that RS. Life goes on, but sometimes it's just not fair. Your buddy sounds like an alright guy in my books.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm getting trashed and stoned and want to make a wheelbarrow full of cash on Cal tonight with you!