The Apple Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 533 Comments
  • Views 44,265 Views
I like the hardware better. Shit feels substantial and sturdy.

Do you need 4G? How much throughput do you plan on using per month?

I have a couple of iPhones that I could get rid of...

Also a myTouch 4G.

Will be ordering the new iphone on friday for mrs d. Could I spend any more money on phones this year.

no cell connectivity on ipod touch, sucks.

I would not recommend the iPhone 5 to someone buying a new phone. Apple is not the latest/greatest anymore and it's time for people to get off their nuts.

The only new feature I feel that's justified with the 5 is their "retina display" and I only say that because I'm not taking the time to figure it out or understand it. Only other excitement is iOS6, but again that's software not hardware.

What would you recommend FF? S III?

ios is much better for someone like my wife/non strong computer users

I've had iPhones since 2007 and never cracked one.

I've had all kinds of phones but never cracked one either - including iPhones, but I've seen a ton of cracked iPhone screens - more than any other type of phone.

I would not recommend the iPhone 5 to someone buying a new phone. Apple is not the latest/greatest anymore and it's time for people to get off their nuts.

The only new feature I feel that's justified with the 5 is their "retina display" and I only say that because I'm not taking the time to figure it out or understand it. Only other excitement is iOS6, but again that's software not hardware.

Iphone4 has retina display.

Did it become more retina-ery?

The only real new feature of the 5 is LTE (4G).

They're only about two years behind on that.

My phone 4S says 4G in the top corner. What's the difference between that and the new 4G?

I'm still hanging onto the old school 3g from 2008, jailbroke with a Walmart 45 plan. Hard to dump something that works.

My phone 4S says 4G in the top corner. What's the difference between that and the new 4G?

LTE is real 4G, the HSPA+ is really 3G+ . The speeds are way faster. I get ~12MB down and 6MB up on my SIII.

The 4S is only capable of 3G HSPA+.

4G_LTE_WEB_en.jpg