THE 412

• Start date
  • Replies 78 Comments
  • Views 1,379 Views
pittsburg strong

BUMP !! MY BUDDY !!

WHAT ?? $4.19 TO WASH A SHIRT ??

$9.79 TO DRY CLEAN A PAIR OF PANTS ??

Shorty remember when radio stations used to say the best of the 70s, 80s and today?

No, I don’t? 😆 There is an awesome station here that I listen to all the time. WYEP 93.1 Pittsburgh.

They play every kind of music and the DJ’S are absolutely fantastic. Several volunteer their time and are very talented in what they do.

No, I don’t? 😆 There is an awesome station here that I listen to all the time. WYEP 93.1 Pittsburgh.

They play every kind of music and the DJ’S are absolutely fantastic. Several volunteer their time and are very talented in what they do.
Few stations play their own music anymore. A couple similar stations that you will like are WXRT 93..1 Chicago, and The River 92.5 Boston.

Few stations play their own music anymore. A couple similar stations that you will like are WXRT 93..1 Chicago, and The River 92.5 Boston.
FW maybe you know this, why some songs get played constantly on the radio, the same songs across almost all stations (man eater, red red wine). It can't be because of their popularity. Do they pay reduced royalty, no royalties on certain songs and these are the select few?

FW maybe you know this, why some songs get played constantly on the radio, the same songs across almost all stations (man eater, red red wine). It can't be because of their popularity. Do they pay reduced royalty, no royalties on certain songs and these are the select few?
Radio in general sucks these days because it’s corporate owned and they employ the one size fits all when it comes to music and trends. Basically the DJ’s are computer-based and play the same stuff in all markets (basically the XM model). I’m sure UB40 gets played to death in Florida, they figure the vacationers want to hear it. Independent radio is best - they are taking requests from the local listeners and not playing what works in Boston or Denver.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll definitely check them out.

I rarely listen to the local radio stations anymore that play the same 10 or 12 songs repeatedly. However, some of the early morning shows are quality and they broadcast the local college and professional sports .. @FairWarning 👊🏽

Radio in general sucks these days because it’s corporate owned and they employ the one size fits all when it comes to music and trends. Basically the DJ’s are computer-based and play the same stuff in all markets (basically the XM model). I’m sure UB40 gets played to death in Florida, they figure the vacationers want to hear it. Independent radio is best - they are taking requests from the local listeners and not playing what works in Boston or Denver.

EXCELLENT POST !! :hattip:

COULD NOT AGREE MORE ..

@FairWarning

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll definitely check them out.

I rarely listen to the local radio stations anymore that play the same 10 or 12 songs repeatedly. However, some of the early morning shows are quality and they broadcast the local college and professional sports .. @FairWarning 👊🏽
If you have a local ESPN sports talk, that is the worst unless you are into the Jets or the Commanders. It’s all east coast talk.

If you have a local ESPN sports talk, that is the worst unless you are into the Jets or the Commanders. It’s all east coast talk.

No, it’s a couple of Pittsburgh guys and a very witty woman that just shoot the shit about everything, literally. Great stuff. Weather, current and local events, etc.