The 2020 Hurricane Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 96 Comments
  • Views 4,618 Views
Some tornado and funnel clouds popping up around Collier County. Still think it is far enough West of us that won't have too much of an impact. Rains are starting to get heavier but winds are still non existent. We are about 10 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico.

Guess by this pic now at hurricane speed. Must be off the coast cause wind can't more than 30-40 mph here.

1625614864191.png

Yes. 8 pm advisory puts it at cat 1. Storm surge is the biggest threat. How far inland are you Mr. M?

We lost power. Couple trees down around the neighborhood. Once again NY taking the worst of it. Hurricanes are deadly destructive forces of nature, yall heard it here first.

Henri is DESTROYING boner right now :endoftheworld:

Rain all day. No wind so we're good. Was on long Island yesterday and there were lines for gas and took double the normal 1.5hrs to get home.

N.O. is just in such a bad spot for this crap. That and being so close to sea level doesn't help. Read somewhere will be the first US city to be underwater. No no worries though won't be till 2100.

Ida seems to have been a pushover for the gulf States (think I saw half dozen dead). Will be flooding here tomorrow after rain all day.

We've got 100 year old records on flooding getting smashed. Gotta make sure my gutter system is working boys.

I’ve been in St. Maarten the past few days.

The island got foked up by Irma in 2017.

The weather all week while the US has been getting crushed:

Immaculate.

Basement has water in spots but not flooded. All good here. Mrs. Bone Bone was at the US Open last night and left at 930 - took her 3hrs to get home, usually 50mins. Inconvenient but not devastating as it was down south.

Blittys dodged a few tornados last night.

Emergency alert went off at 3am and we had to go to basement.

Possibly 100 deaths in Kentucky.

Blittys dodged a few tornados last night.

Emergency alert went off at 3am and we had to go to basement.

Possibly 100 deaths in Kentucky.
Was this your first tornado emergency?

Is your basement all stock up with canned foods like in the movies?

:chair: