The 2020 Hurricane Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 96 Comments
  • Views 4,617 Views
I'm watching it closely. Interaction with Cuba will tear it apart. Most likely a rainmaker (tropical depression) after it leaves Cuba and comes to SFL.

Who are our Gamelive FULL PANIC buyers of water/non-perishables and toilet paper?

Who are our Gamelive FULL PANIC buyers of water/non-perishables and toilet paper?

Not us!!! MrsM handles the toiletries. I always seem to buy water like 6 cases at a time so not having to go back too often. Buying 8 piece chicken tonight at Publix after game so probably get cases of water too, if there's any left. :rolleyes: Thanks for a reminder!

So I feel bad for those that died and or lost family members in that building collapse but I definitely facepalmed watching the news reports interviewing people that came to pray for those trapped inside.
They can pray all they want but getting crushed between 10 ton walls of concrete was likely a quick and painless death. Nobody survived that.
Would god restore the crushed corpses inside and allow them to walk away unscathed because people prayed/begged him?

I think not as there are MLB players praying for homeruns and he looks after those dudes first.

MR MONKEY DO YOU HAVE HURRICANE WINDOWS??!
Yes, good ones that keep out noise and heat. Had this type replaced which offered zero hurricane protection.. They were getting old and cranes on them were going.
1625269353397.png

So I feel bad for those that died and or lost family members in that building collapse but I definitely facepalmed watching the news reports interviewing people that came to pray for those trapped inside.
They can pray all they want but getting crushed between 10 ton walls of concrete was likely a quick and painless death. Nobody survived that.
Would god restore the crushed corpses inside and allow them to walk away unscathed because people prayed/begged him?

I think not as there are MLB players praying for homeruns and he looks after those dudes first.
Plommer, many Jewish people and also Central/South Americans that are very strong Catholic believers in that part of Miami. People that have lost loved ones find solace in their faith. Although I understand you are being flippant in your statement, whatever helps these people cope with the unthinkable tragedy is justified.

Plommer, many Jewish people and also Central/South Americans that are very strong Catholic believers in that part of Miami. People that have lost loved ones find solace in their faith. Although I understand you are being flippant in your statement, whatever helps these people cope with the unthinkable tragedy is justified.
Oh I understand it gives them comfort. Perhaps if they were praying for the souls of the victims I'd be less flippant as it would make more sense.
Praying for the dead to survive? It just seems silly. Plus if someone is truly 100% convinced in their religion they should be happy for the dead as they are basking in the eternal afterlife and not on earth schlepping through the days.

God has a tremendous sense of humour and is quite the practical joker, you know like when he gives African babies AIDS and watches them starve to death etc. AIDS babies and starvation is every day in Africa. Building collapses in Florida are once in a while.

PS: We need god posting here. Who doesn't love a god thats funny?

what's the farmer almanac say for this year?

MCB, any wind yet? Light rain but completely still wind wise.

No wind at all. Light rain all morning. Should start to feel some 25-35 gusts in the next hour or so.

No wind at all. Light rain all morning. Should start to feel some 25-35 gusts in the next hour or so.
As long my power doesn't go out from 3-5PM or maybe later I'm good.