The 2018 World Cup Match Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 278 Comments
  • Views 16,806 Views
WOW! What a match! Belgium's size is giving Japan fits in front of their goal! Japan playing well though still getting opportunities to score! If up and down pace continues don't see how Belgium doesn't score in extra time unless they run out of gas!

You don't enjoy God's paradise without faith monkey

:bowdown:

Kudos to Japan going for the goal but left themselves wide open for the counter! Best for the world audience to see the Brazil-Belgium matchup! I Enough surprises for me!

This is huge psychologically, you're down 2 nill with 25 minutes to go and come back to win in regulation, huge confidence going forward. They have everything to win it!

:clap:

That Lukaku's unselfish play to let it through :bowdown:

Enough surprises for me!

:console:

Damn I'm clueless about this next one, could go either way, it's all about who chokes less 😀

Is this the best World Cup ever in your memory? Quality and drama. This is a conjecture but it seems more teams all over the world are adopting the passing game that has raised the general standard of the play. VAR has been a huge help. It should be there for all football games.

brazil sweden croatia france

Rooting ..... Belgium, England, Croatia, Uruguay
Thinking ..... Brazil, England, Croatia, France*

* Would have picked Uruguay but Cavani not playing means France can key on Saurez! Expect Uruguay to play VERY defensive and hope for one goal by Saurez ..... or maybe Bentacur!

sera.jpg

Hopefully!

Picking France to win it all. Hoping Russian can beat Croatia, but I'm thinking that might take another miracle.

Is this the best World Cup ever in your memory? Quality and drama. This is a conjecture but it seems more teams all over the world are adopting the passing game that has raised the general standard of the play. VAR has been a huge help. It should be there for all football games.

Yeah I would say so. It's been way more exciting than I expected. I started watching soccer leading up to the '98 edition and don't remember better games than these in terms of parity. And props to Russia for the organization. The weather has been great for the players. 2022 is going to be hell with the heat. Overall I like VAR and don't mind if they standarize it all around.