The 140th Running of the Kentucky Derby - 5/3/14

• Start date
  • Replies 176 Comments
  • Views 4,177 Views
All that said..

Churchill Race #1
$5 WPS 4
$2 EX BOX 4/8

90% of horse players lose b/c of the takeout. It's like betting -130 ATS.

I think the more disciplined horse players lose for that reason.

90% of players aren't disciplined. Even with a somewhat non raping takeout, they would still lose.

You are right though. The rake makes it nearly impossible to be a pro horse player.

Churchill Downs [ 5/3/2014 ] Race #1 $ 6 Straight (3: 2/2/2)

Also $2 tri box 1/3/6 I hate money.

What could fiveteamer possibly be doing right now that he's not in here capping this thing with us?

Gotta be TRIM

What could fiveteamer possibly be doing right now that he's not in here capping this thing with us?

Gotta be TRIM

I was thinking the same exact thing!

I think he's hanging out with Matty today.

I think next year we should have an all day Derby contest with a buy in that I flake out on and don't pay but I would have won regardless.

I think next year we should have an all day Derby contest with a buy in that I flake out on and don't pay but I would have won regardless.
:lol:

Race 2

$2 atb #1 so much for only betting the televised races where I can see the horses... I wish my book had smaller minimum on exotics. Ah well, will save me some money.

IAG. GAMBOL.

Nothing better than betting horses. Even if it's for low stakes. I make no proclimations that i'm gonna be a winner. Hell i might even like the lows more than the highs.

That too Caspy is right. I'm watching TwinspiresTV.

IAG, do you have access to a computer?
? I'm on one right now.

IAG. GAMBOL.

Nothing better than betting horses. Even if it's for low stakes. I make no proclimations that i'm gonna be a winner. Hell i might even like the lows more than the highs.
I will probably throw a buck or two on the derby but until I can look at the horses and hear some history, I will just throw some $2 action bets down. Still playing off my tri money from two years ago. I expect to lose..but yes Boner it's fun. I used to try to handicap when I went to the track in Denver, but now I just consider it a crapshoot for the most part.

That too Caspy is right. I'm watching TwinspiresTV.

Yeah I am watching them on NYRA.

You can download either of them for free and watch all the races.

Thank you but I'll probably just wait another hour til I can see them on TV. I really miss 5 dimes...love to do $1 tri boxes with 4-5 horses but at $2 it can get spendy quickly.