The 140th Running of the Kentucky Derby - 5/3/14

• Start date
  • Replies 176 Comments
  • Views 4,168 Views
I have a small crush on Bob Baffert.

I didn't handicap the Oaks but I like California Chrome in the Derby so I'm getting exposure to CC by playing:

$10 Oaks/Derby DD with 13/5

Also, since this Oaks favorite is supposedly good enough to be 1/2 aghainst the men tomorrow I've got an additional:

$2 Oaks/Derby DD with 13/4,10,13,18-20

All these DD's are alive. Albiet with a 1/1 horse in the first leg.

How are you betting them?

I usually just bet them to win but I really like Tapiture and might play it to finish in top 3 and 5 as well at 5Dimes. From what I see I don't have a lot of options there, unless I am looking in the wrong spot. There's one other thing I might do since I like the 13 and 14 horses I may do Saddlecloth of winning horse 12-16 at +305.

There should be a bunch of options at 5dimes CB. Good luck today.

Stay away from the chalk, boys. Too many horses in the field to be banging the big faves.

#Gambol

That's my 4th choice, I will be playing him as well Tron

All 4 to win

Coverage starts at 11 am central. I like betting all the pre Derby races that are televised, but after 5 or 6 hours, I've had enough.

I'm too impatient in between races ..especially at the track...start the next one already!

IAG
Coverage starts at 11 am central. I like betting all the pre Derby races that are televised, but after 5 or 6 hours, I've had enough.

I'm too impatient in between races ..especially at the track...start the next one already!

That's the death blow to 90% of horse players. Instead of just handicapping races and spot playing, they bet EVERY race at crappy tracks just for action.

I tend to do better at the track when I am with friends because between races I'm talking and having a drink. At the OTB parlors or at home, I play stupid.

That's the death blow to 90% of horse players. Instead of just handicapping races and spot playing, they bet EVERY race at crappy tracks just for action.

I tend to do better at the track when I am with friends because between races I'm talking and having a drink. At the OTB parlors or at home, I play stupid.

I'm not betting every race at crappy tracks...I'm just betting the televised pre derby races at Churchill only...but I know what you are saying..for sure.

Tronner... I think the math guys would say that a big field is the best time to bet the chalk in a parimutuel situation...

I get it though. In a 20 horse field even a deserved fave can get a bad trip/jammed up in traffic.

90% of horse players lose b/c of the takeout. It's like betting -130 ATS.