Team Atheist: A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 52 Comments
  • Views 2,389 Views
Yes I definitely will. I'm working on song #12 of 12 now. Every day. Then there will be re-editing and polishing which will take some time.

Prolly be like 4 more months altogether?

Not that I am expecting a Van Gogh type of impact on the world, pre or post mortem.

So in terms of this topic - a Van Gogh situation is of little use to me. A level of pre-death knowledge of the legacy is important.

I hear ya.

Get it? Hear ya? Van Gogh? Bwhahahaha. I slay me.

MrX
Simple question.

Do you care if/how long/in what way you'll be remembered when you're gone.

Off course I care. Would be interesting to know if 2000 years from now they find my tomb in some archaeological site and my tomb inscription says: "Here lies Saulty, founding member of the now defunct website gamelive.com. He passed away peacefully while posting in the Random Thoughts thread".

nice Saulty

IAG
You have "Mothers- don't let your babies grow up to Caspers" too.

:)

:up: actually I'm more proud of Brock Landers. :grin:

But yeah, to consider this more deeply. I'd like to be remembered (living or dead) for my musical stylings,
my political/philosophical views and discourse,
my gambling exploits and code of honor,
my love of hockey and everyone who plays, (and the style I try to teach motherfuckers),
my general trustworthiness, class and evenhandedness.

Obviously I don't expect it to matter to all of the people all of the time. Just to the relevant people at relevant times. Can even be mostly subconscious. And one of those hear me now listen to me later things.

I tend to believe in that we're all part of a whole thing etc..

IAG
I would like to think that the next generation will be less materialistic and spend more time focusing on friends and family , than working 60 hour weeks and worrying about keeping up with the Jones' Living simpler so that others may simply live.

I think it will be worse.

Everyone always thinks the next generation will be worse. Everyone except me and IAG anyway.

It is the ultimate human cliche. We have been having nothing but progressively worse generations for several thousand years now.

Kids these days!!

:mudcat:

I would like to think the next generation of AIDS will be less aidsy.

Muddayyy!!!!! Miss you! :hug:

Totally agree RR. Although I do have family, other than the ex's side, who care and worry about me. In the end my legacy will be with my two boys, the best thing I ever did, and they will choose the good points and hopefully stay away from the bad points of my time here. I did the same with my parents. Certain things I continued and some I chose not too. As I age the fear of death is gone and I know that my time here made a difference and that is all I could hope for.

When gone, all I asked my boys for was bagpipes at the funeral, and keep it small. Cremation for me, save the land.

Everyone always thinks the next generation will be worse. Everyone except me and IAG anyway.

It is the ultimate human cliche. We have been having nothing but progressively worse generations for several thousand years now.

Kids these days!!

:mudcat:

Yeah in science, medicine, infrastructure, etc but socially :redx:.

or you can say the guy is a true hater if he's going out of his way today.

Yeah, that's true. I think that on an individual basis, the racist today is a worse person.

But, I guess my point is that is seems like there will always some number of true haters. It seems unavoidable, but on their own they're not widely destructive.

It's the masses that are willing to believe in and go along with the evil shit they are told that allow the widespread damage to happen.

MrX
Yeah, that's true. I think that on an individual basis, the racist today is a worse person.

But, I guess my point is that is seems like there will always some number of true haters. It seems unavoidable, but on their own they're not widely destructive.

It's the masses that are willing to believe in and go along with the evil shit they are told that allow the widespread damage to happen.

:yes: couldn't argue with that.

need to get people out of the ghetto, poverty and prisons. Otherwise, the notion that society is less racist because it is accepting of some negroes and can pat itself on the back during Jackie Robinson day doesn't hold a lot of meaning.

I don't mind the coloreds. They add a certain spice, and uncertainty, to white life.

But yeah, to consider this more deeply. I'd like to be remembered (living or dead) for my musical stylings,
my political/philosophical views and discourse,
my gambling exploits and code of honor,
my love of hockey and everyone who plays, (and the style I try to teach motherfuckers),
my general trustworthiness, class and evenhandedness.

Good list.

I saw this today when I picked up mom from the center.

"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." --Leonardo da Vinci

Well shit. Not looking too good for the rest of us.