talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,376 Views

Hey Muddy. If you use Mozilla Firefox and install the small addon known as Adblock plus, you will never see any ads on facebook again, or have to watch any ads on youtube.

I reckon this is true

1476603_876196415725960_4024904924436800844_n.jpg

I reckon this is true for everything and anything in life.

1688773_10203423028680802_4134014061676350220_n.jpg

My youngest daughter with some Falcons players and cheerleaders at the grocery store.

Nice colour skin on those cheerleaders. They look like sistas.

Hey Muddy. If you use Mozilla Firefox and install the small addon known as Adblock plus, you will never see any ads on facebook again, or have to watch any ads on youtube.

I don't want to block the ads on facebook. I find them kind of interesting.

I know there are people who are bothered by what facebook does to generate those ads but I get the feeling they are more bothered by the snooping into their cookies than the actual ads. I don't know if that app would address that.

Hell I don't know. I would have to let someone else speak to that.

I find it hard to get annoyed by ads. Cooke tracking and retargeting is actually pretty clever.

I use Adblock in all my browsers but I whitelist a lot of shit.

It is a chain letter. The favorite form of e-entertainment for the 55+ crowd.

True. I never see that stuff in my newsfeed.

If you see that in your feed it is proof that you and your friends are oldballz.

This has been my favorite facebook ad for the past two weeks:

331px6v.png

"good bugs" is so reassuring

I will try googling ladybugs and variations thereof - and see if I can get that ad.

Less than a third of a cent per ladybug. And they say human life is cheap.

Harmony hates ladybugs. Like the same way I hate spiders.

Would not have thought it was possible to feel that way about ladybugs - ladybugs seem like nothing but nice to me - but somehow that is the case.

that fucks up the whole ladybug persona, imo

Holy fucking shit :facepalm:

Sometimes people walk away from love because it is so beautiful that it terrifies them. Sometimes they leave because the connection shines a bright light on their dark places and they are not ready to work them through. Sometimes they run away because they are not developmentally prepared to merge with another- they have more individuation work to do first. Sometimes they take off because love is not a priority in their lives- they have another path and purpose to walk first. Sometimes they end it because they prefer a relationship that is more practical than conscious, one that does not threaten the ways that they organize reality. Because so many of us carry shame, we have a tendency to personalize love's leavings, triggered by the rejection and feelings of abandonment. But this is not always true. Sometimes it has nothing to do with us. Sometimes the one who leaves is just not ready to hold it safe. Sometimes they know something we don't- they know their limits at that moment in time. Real love is no easy path- readiness is everything. May we grieve loss without personalizing it. May we learn to love ourselves in the absence of the lover.

also sometimes none of that happens or some of it probably once in awhile without certainty most of the time

And sometimes people leave because u suk

:handshake: