talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,316 Views
gold right thurr, muddster

This one ain't bad tho

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”-Pablo Picasso

I see a lot of people posting awesome meals from all over the world on facebook.

Fuck them. Also I want them to keep doing that I like to envision eating those meals.

So, fuck you for doing that but please keep doing that, dawg.

Beneath the facebook game I am always playing, there is an ad for a soon-to-be-released game called Agent Alice. It's distracting. Chick is hot as hell. Noice fokken rack.

3269-agent-alice.jpg

What is with these "free-mium" games anyway. Even as an addict, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

So this game I am playing - which I have never given a dime to - and never will ---> I guess there are people who want different stuff it offers so bad they pay their own money - and lots of it - to get these special features - which help you get a higher score.

I just keep accumulating stuff. There is gold and points. In fact it gives me a lot of stuff - special bombs and whatnot - that I would turn down if there was the option. But I guess to some people it is like crack and they have to have more than the game will give for free.

And they give huge amounts of money to a facebook game.

:dunno:

Sometimes there is no need to speculate if facebook is up in your bizness. I am now seeing on my home page, ads for Staples for the exact Avery labels I was googling this morning.

yesterday I searched for something on the computer and today it came up as a search suggestion on my phone. :yikes:

eh nevermind, maybe I did use my phone :dunno: ...but I really thought I didnt

Stupid facebook game. Stop changing shit. The whole point to me is to see how my scores compare and hopefully improve over time under identical conditions. When you start throwing in little special "bonuses" it actually fucks that up. I don't know what my scores mean when you just up and change the playing field.

At least give me the option to decline.

Bunch of koks.

Muddy, what's that one FB game you play? I had started playing it too a while back, and we gave each other lives, but I can't remember what it was/is? You know what I am talking about?

Diamond dash or something like that?

Yes I am playing Diamond Dash these days. I kinda go back and forth between that and Bejeweled Blitz - in ~6 month intervals.

But Diamond Dash is pissing me off. They suddenly brought in this special feature - it changed the game - and I was like, fok - and they were showing how long it would be running - there was a countdown clock - and at first I thought it was saying 9 hours ---> but it was actually 9 days. So they had this stupid thing I didn't want for 9 days.

But then it finally went back to normal. Then, like 2 days later, this Valentines Day feature starts which is going to be running for 11 days.

:fok:

Well shit, now I can't remember which I was playing! but I know it was one of those two, I think Diamond Dash though.

I hear hay day is pretty fun, much better then, say, farmville.

Yeah I might try something new. I like to have a game on the go. But it needs to be a consistent thing so I can track incremental progress in strategies and dexterity and whatever.

I'm weird that way.

I guess a lot of people, you give them these temporary special features and they're like, "Omygawd - my score is so high! Weeeee." And they're just happy as can be.

I just sit here grim-faced saying, "This is meaningless."

:mudcat:

You can always download the app from the google play store or whatever, and not connect to facebook, they seem to fuck with the games less that way.

i think muddy just plays on the desktop not on the phone

last we heard muddy still had a rotary phone, dont know how true those rumors were

Ohh. Well then I guess he's SOL.

I thought it was two cans and a few miles of yarn?

:lol: Anyone ever actually try that? I have. and I would do it again too.