talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,376 Views
SammysNcharge99

Sharp dude

A+ poster

I had a hard time finding a 12 inch duct elbow, building a swamp cooler for burning man. Lot's of searching.

Now facebook thinks I'm all about ductwork.

Ductwork ads may be the least offensive ads of all.

Here's what bugs me about facebook - and maybe there is a solution - so maybe some good can come out of all . . . this . . . death

Sorry, having a Winona Ryder moment there.

No but when I go to send someone a personal message on facebook, even though I click new message and it looks like I am creating a brand new message, when I SEND, it just tacks it onto the end of all our previous messages threading back for years.

Don't like that.

I HATE that shit

Nice one, muddy

Why not erase the old messages then..?

no time for that shit

Why not erase the old messages then..?

I guess but what if you want them? But separate? Like normal?

So you have to cut and paste them to Word files?

I feel like facebook should be able to handle basic normal messaging. My Outlook email does here. Same at work. This forum does. Every forum I have ever seen does. I can't actually think of anything I have ever used that doesn't allow you to organize your messages how you want.

Except facebook.

Life is one conversation.

Accept, it, Muddy.

Here's what bugs me about facebook - and maybe there is a solution - so maybe some good can come out of all . . . this . . . death

Sorry, having a Winona Ryder moment there.

No but when I go to send someone a personal message on facebook, even though I click new message and it looks like I am creating a brand new message, when I SEND, it just tacks it onto the end of all our previous messages threading back for years.

Don't like that.

You must be referring to the message you sent to me?

That is the latest greatest example of this phenomenon that I have experienced, yup.

I tried to delete a prior conversation by doing something they call "archiving" which essentially takes it out of your active conversations, but as soon as you message someone again, there the whole conversation is again. I don't see a work around. Maybe there is one, but I have yet to find it, and it is annoying.

Edit...maybe try the "clear window" option while in the conversation...I did this and then tried to message the person whose conversation I cleared.. It did not bring up the prior conversation..... but I fear it will show up somewhere down the line.

So basically, muddy wanted to send robyn a new message about music, and his last one said:

Wanna Skype naked? August 12th 2011

I can see how that would be awkward, after not getting a previous reply.

Must still be Zuckerberg's fault though, right Muddy?

DouchL.jpg

I would kind of get it if gamelive had those kinds of limitations. It's like a nice mom and pop shop. I could see it having quaint throwback characteristics like that.

facebook though ---> seems weird to me. It's like turning on an NFL game and seeing them wearing leather helmets.

I like the one long scroll approach. I have a good memory for conversations, so when I'm looking to retrieve bits of info or a quote, I can simply search for it in that person's "scroll" of messages.

Same with Gmail. I like leaving every relevant email in my inbox so I can easily keyword-search it later. Search is extremely fast in Gmail.

I can't tell you how many times a week I'll archive in Gmail for a string based off of a random word that existed in a conversation. '

Pretty ATA that gmail archiving.