talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,336 Views
The latest from my friend Tom who lives in the world of touchy-feely, caring/sharing with counsellors and professional supporters of various stripes.

Today, I am not going to be amazing, brave, and all of the things in the pressurized platitudes, I am just going to be, thank you

Kinda like, yick.

The latest from my friend Tom who lives in the world of touchy-feely, caring/sharing with counsellors and professional supporters of various stripes.

lol, I got that exact feeling while trading emails with him and then meeting the woman who was carrying the Les Paul for him.

Thinking back about it and what you've revealed about Tom, awarding him that guitar seems like a very strange thing to do.

Today, I am not going to be amazing, brave, and all of the things in the pressurized platitudes, I am just going to be, thank you

Kinda like, yick.

dude could write an ebook

He is a real good guy but it's that world. I've hung around the edges of it at times. There can be an almost competitive motivational one-upmanship. Who can arrange words to say the same thing in a new way that provides a 1.3 second endorphin rush to the melancholy?

It's the Insight Olympics. And where better to train than facebook?

In that latest one there, I think it's the "thank you" at the end of it that particularly triggered my yick reflex.

don't these people feel shame for being so self absorbed? I mean they are not children for foks sake.

Everyone is an asshole™

Waiting around for service call people of any type and hanging out while they do their work.....HVAC and Roto Rooter already here today.

I find it hard to carry on with my regular routine while they are working.

Oops wrong thread.

Well, since I'm here...saw a deal on FB local page yesterday asking for donations for a silent auction/benefit for a baby who had brain injury at daycare. I offered up an unused Sears gift card I had if they could pick it up. Gal comes and gets it and then hours later friends me on Fb. Wth. Girl has 1500 or so friends, so I guess she friends every one she meets. I figure I will wait a month or so and then defriend her. She won't notice. I don't get why anyone would friend someone they don't even remotely know. Odd.

don't these people feel shame for being so self absorbed? I mean they are not children for foks sake.

Sharing is caring Reno.

Sharing is fucking caring.

:fearpanic:

Did you see on FB that Matty got married?

#nowitsofficial

Marty is not my Facebook friend.

Says I look too much like a murderer.

Marty - still an asshole.

Plommer - Un autre tte carr!

Marty is not my Facebook friend.

Says I look too much like a murderer.

Marty - still an asshole.

Plommer - Un autre tte carr!

The nerve of him.