rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
Taliban 1 - 0 USSR Empire

Taliban 1 - 0 American Empire

Taliban undefeated

If a playoff series, I would call it a 4 game sweep! Must have the best military leaders in the world. Talk about OD KROW. Even Sammy would be impressed.
1628895471331.png

I'm sure it's a calculated move of the empire :hey:
Probably funding these fucks to distabalize the region

Also undefeated:

Father Time

If you were watching television in April of 1975, April 30th, you remember it well. It was the single most humiliating day in the history of the United States abroad. American officials fleeing in terror as a peasant army swept through the capital city, desperate civilians clinging to the struts of helicopters as they took off from the roof of the U.S. embassy. It was a complete disaster. It was a total ignominious defeat. We'd spent more than a decade in Vietnam and in the end, we lost. So no matter how you felt about that war, it was painful to see it happen and nobody wants to see it again. Last month, Joe Biden promised we never will see it again.

REPORTER: Some Vietnamese veterans see echoes of their experience in this withdrawal in Afghanistan. Do you see any parallels between this withdrawal and what happened in Vietnam with some people feeling went on whatsoever?

JOE BIDEN: None Whatsoever. Zero. What you had is you had entire brigades breaking through the gates of our embassy. Six, if I'm not mistaken. The Taliban is not the South, the North Vietnamese army. They're not and they're not remotely comparable in terms of capability. There's going to be no circumstance for you to see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable.:wha:

Mr. Monkey, your post is confusing to me.

Are you suggesting there are a lot of similarities between our exit of Vietnam and our exit of Afghanistan?

and “a peasant army” was a joke, right?

You are correct sir! I guess technically Joe could be correct, with no people being airlifted off roofs.

You are correct sir! I guess technically Joe could be correct, with no people being airlifted off roofs.
It blows my mind that people see similarities between the US exiting Vietnam and the US exiting Afghanistan.

I guess maybe if you only look at it through LOL-Biden tinted glasses?

All I see are glaring differences.

All I see are glaring differences.
Please elaborate. I meant in the way at the last minute having to get people out of there. I'm not a VWar history expert.

Please elaborate. I meant in the way at the last minute having to get people out of there. I'm not a VWar history expert.
People getting out at the “last minute” is the only similarity I see and that’s a stretch.

But Mitch McConnell and others are predictably using the V word only as a political gotcha.

Totally different wars for totally different reasons.

More political bullshit. Everyone knows we should be leaving Afghanistan, but it’s made to be a big deal because Biden’s administration is in the drivers seat while we are doing it.

Dems would be talking shit if Trump was at the top while we completed the exit.

Never ending political bullshit.

Tron, honestly the withdraw started when Trump was in office. Not Biden's fault except for not being properly prepared at all for this. Our military leaders didn't see this onslaught? Like I posted, Taliban has the leaders.

People getting out at the “last minute” is the only similarity I see and that’s a stretch.

So it's a stretch but it is similar. You do know the US is sending in 3K more troops to get the roughly 1K out? LOL. Sounds a little worrisome to me to have to do that. US Embassy again warning Americans to get out immediately.

Our military leaders saying they were surprised by how fast the Taliban has moved. I guess they ain't doing their job. Taliban leaders >>> US ones

The first post is factually incorrect. Delete this thread.