Taking Prozac

• Start date
  • Replies 44 Comments
  • Views 2,411 Views
Casper, I’m interested to hear about your experience.

I won’t discredit your optimization, like reno.

Makes perfect sense to me. Life is short. If there’s aspect you want to change, give it a try.

Casper, I’m interested to hear about your experience.

I won’t discredit your optimization, like reno.

Makes perfect sense to me. Life is short. If there’s aspect you want to change, give it a try.
Thanks buddy. Like what’s been said earlier, I was told it will take a month before I notice a difference. My only hesitation is the sexual side effects.

Worst case scenario, I continue to feel out of sorts and my dick is rendered as useless as Christopher Reeve in a marathon. Best case scenario, the Prozac helps me get to a place where I’m more productive without that manic feeling.

Kato wins the thread. I could probably stand to medicate a little. Have some anxiety around some odds and ends. Prob never will too vain/stupid/anxious to look into into it.

My sister is on zoloft daily and has been since a hold up she was involved in back in '07 - she loves it.
Xanax has improved my life remarkably and I don't even take it very often. But if I do take a half milligram (1/4 of a bar) it's a guarantee that I won't feel weird and edgy for the rest of the day. Makes it easy to do things that I want to do but start to feel anxious about (which is a lot of things).

Just knowing that I have the option to take one is usually enough to stop feeling edgy, and then I don't even need it. Miracle drug, just don't start taking a lot and drinking at the same time.

Serotonin is a very key NT, and for many reasons we can get out of wack with it. So SSRI's can be amazing for many people.

like Dave said, you have to wait until it builds up in your system for a good month before you'll really know the results

It can be very different for everyone, so finding the right SSRI or combo of drugs and dosage takes patience. We recommended people make daily logs of their observations throughout day. There are a few apps that can be helpful.

I was prescribed Prozac my sophomore year after 3 of my grandparents and a friend died within 5 months and my grades were shit. It just made me really impulsive and sweated like a pig so I quit when the semester ended

Tried Paxil about 12 years ago for Generalized Anxiety and Sleeping issues. I think it worked okay, (the first 2 days were really rough and weird) because I was sleeping through the night, I felt even and content. But my friends and gf told me It really dulled me out. Big issue was, no ED issues but it was near impossible to orgasm.

I went off it and decided to go clean from all drugs for a while, including caffeine and ephedrine. Turns out most of my anxiety and sleeplessness were directly attributed to the stimulants. It seems so obvious now, but it always amazed me that my Doc never asked about those things before writing a script.

goog luck and keep us posted

MrX
Xanax has improved my life remarkably and I don't even take it very often. But if I do take a half milligram (1/4 of a bar) it's a guarantee that I won't feel weird and edgy for the rest of the day. Makes it easy to do things that I want to do but start to feel anxious about (which is a lot of things).

Just knowing that I have the option to take one is usually enough to stop feeling edgy, and then I don't even need it. Miracle drug, just don't start taking a lot and drinking at the same time.
Pretty spot on for me, except I take 1/4 bars for sleep a few days a week. Always have some scattered in my drawer.

A crooked doc gave me script for 90 bars and 60 Adderall monthly-years ago, and I’ve kept it riding through all these states till this day.

Since I barely use them, My stockpile is extremely vast if you know anyone looking for a garbage bag full.

Pretty spot on for me, except I take 1/4 bars for sleep a few days a week. Always have some scattered in my drawer.

A crooked doc gave me script for 90 bars and 60 Adderall monthly-years ago, and I’ve kept it riding through all these states till this day.

Since I barely use them, My stockpile is extremely vast if you know anyone looking for a garbage bag full.
My long time doctor would write me a 3 month prescription that would last me for almost a couple years. I wish I had stockpiled, because my doctor retired and these fucking Kaiser doctors will not write me a prescription. It's infuriating. I'm using it on label and have been for many years without ever needing to increase dosage. I'm exactly who this drug is for. Idiots.

Anyhow, I just buy it in Baja now.

Big fan of Xanax I’m in the same boat with a big stockpile use occasionally depending on how much shit and stress I’m dealing with in a particular day or week

anyone micro dose mushrooms? I’m giving serious consideration of doing this just need to find a new mushroom guy as my guy just moved.

It seemed to line up with the reviews I read.

Reminded me of the very unpleasant part when taking psychedelics.

‘Stick with the dosage and things will get better’.

Oh well, I aborted that experiment.
Yeah, I don't blame you.

While we are sharing experiences, I tried three different ones. Didn't notice any difference, positive or negative, on any of them.

Eventually a new doctor told me that I suffered from double depression (which sounded made up to me but apparently chronic depression mixed with minor depression, or something) which doesn't really respond to medication. Cool.

Despite it not working for me, I still recommend anyone try anything they can. There isn't really much of a stigma about it these days. And even if there was, fuck them, who cares. You only live once before endless oblivion forever. Try to be as healthy and happy as you possibly can while you are here! Anti-depressants DON'T change who you are or make your emotions "fake". They just have a shot at getting rid of that dark cloud over your head. The shot may or may not work, but hell, take it.

You only live once before endless oblivion forever.
Don't be cocky pal. We don't KNOW this, we just believe it to be true.

Same as Christians/Muslims/Jews etc

what do you do for double depression vd?

double mask

j/k couldn't help myself with the low hanging fruit

I am not a doctor, and my licensure expired in Nov 2020 for counseling in IL. My words are in no way meant as medical or clinical advice, recommendations, or prescriptions

with the low-level long term persistent underlying depression taht presents more as inadequacy and low sense of self, almost like a personality trait of cynicism and pessimism you need therapy to give the person a tool box to notice, catch, identify and then change and eventually BELIEVE a reframe of that message. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy prob used, but I didn't see much positivity from that in different settings. Somethiing a little more direct and pragmatic might be useful for someone like David. Dialectical Behavior Therapy with some CBT. It would also be good to do some trauma informed probing to see if there are underlying and unresolved high trauma or low level trauma events that need to be dealt with under the surface. Holistically, we'd want to rule out a number of physiological issues, such as endocrine or chronic health issues, dietary issues ect. A good healthy body is key, so the Tron method of biking (minus the crashes) would be very helpful, but rarely adhered to.

if all else fails. Get the Ketamine out brotha

The ketamine/mdma combo doesn’t make you feel bad

And on the plus side there's like a 1 in 271528385747 chance they push you to suicide/shooting up your place of work/worship/school!

Don't be cocky pal. We don't KNOW this, we just believe it to be true.

Same as Christians/Muslims/Jews etc

Ummm I mean I don't really think it's cocky to not believe in silly fairytales based on fuckall. But sure lets say your magical friend Santa Claus brings you to the North Pole when you die and you get to live with the reindeer and elves eating candy for all eternity... doesn't really change the fact that while you were living in the pre-Santa times you might as well have taken your best shot at being happy.

Not much you "do", really. Went to lots of therapy when I was younger (and a bit more recently)... Fortunately my intellect allows me to combat it a bit with logic after talking it through, ie my natural feeling might be "you are a stupid failure" but then I can kind of remind myself I'm not stupid, failure is subjective, etc.

When I was younger I had depression as most who don't suffer from it imagine it... angsty teen crying, feeling unloved, worthless, etc.

Mid 30s double depression is just... gray. I'm "fine". I love my fiancee, my family, my friends. I just sort of live around a 5 out of 10 and never really go any higher than a 6 or lower than a 4 anymore. I mean the Kings Stanley Cups were two of the best days of my life... now I don't even care about sports anymore. I'm just generally lethargic regardless of how much I sleep, exercise, change diet, etc.

So yeah, it is what it is. Archie kind of nailed it with the cynicism = personality bit. I just try my best to be as positive as I can to combat that and it ends up just leveling out. I'm scared of death. I have no interest in hurting anyone. I'm just like anyone else, doing the best they can. My day to day experience is just a bit more muted.

Ummm I mean I don't really think it's cocky to not believe in silly fairytales based on fuckall. But sure lets say your magical friend Santa Claus brings you to the North Pole when you die and you get to live with the reindeer and elves eating candy for all eternity... doesn't really change the fact that while you were living in the pre-Santa times you might as well have taken your best shot at being happy.

Not much you "do", really. Went to lots of therapy when I was younger (and a bit more recently)... Fortunately my intellect allows me to combat it a bit with logic after talking it through, ie my natural feeling might be "you are a stupid failure" but then I can kind of remind myself I'm not stupid, failure is subjective, etc.

When I was younger I had depression as most who don't suffer from it imagine it... angsty teen crying, feeling unloved, worthless, etc.

Mid 30s double depression is just... gray. I'm "fine". I love my fiancee, my family, my friends. I just sort of live around a 5 out of 10 and never really go any higher than a 6 or lower than a 4 anymore. I mean the Kings Stanley Cups were two of the best days of my life... now I don't even care about sports anymore. I'm just generally lethargic regardless of how much I sleep, exercise, change diet, etc.

So yeah, it is what it is. Archie kind of nailed it with the cynicism = personality bit. I just try my best to be as positive as I can to combat that and it ends up just leveling out. I'm scared of death. I have no interest in hurting anyone. I'm just like anyone else, doing the best they can. My day to day experience is just a bit more muted.
sux vd. grey is tough. hope you can find joy within yourself and surroundings.

best wishes-

kato

sux vd. grey is tough. hope you can find joy within yourself and surroundings.

best wishes-

kato
It's all relative! Lots of people would love to be at a consistent 5/10. Appreciate the nice words. I do find enjoyment and happiness in life. Again, just maybe not to the same highs as others.

Very sorry to hear how prevalent struggles with depression are here. Caught me by surprise.

I can relate on a small scale, though. Even though I only struggled with massive depression for one year, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.