Taking Prozac

• Start date
  • Replies 44 Comments
  • Views 2,412 Views
Basically everyone on both sides of the Rain family is or has been on SSRI's for most of their adult life. Mom and Dad both currently on them. My maternal grandma would feel major depression coming and she'd pack her bags and check herself into the local "asylum", usually for 3 weeks at a time. She was basically unable to care for herself during an episode. Depression/anxiety everywhere up the family tree.

I was on Cipralex/Lexapro on and off for a couple years about a decade ago, have been off them since around 2012. It worked for me but the side effects didn't seem worth it. I had the same issue as Arch, climaxing was damn near impossible.

The main positive thing is that it got me to learn what a non-anxious/non-depressive state felt like, and it made me more aware of the irrational nature of those anxious/depressed feelings. I don't think I would go back on meds unless things got as bad as they did for grandma.

Good luck Caspy :hugyou:

Last Wednesday, I went out w Madison and had some drinks. 6 to be exact. Blacked out. I NEVER black out.
Fast Forward to Tuesday. I had 3 beers and halfway through my 4th one, I became very dizzy, my lips turned blue and I had to lay down in Madisons car. She had to take me home and make sure I got into bed. Spent the rest if the night in bed feeling extremely foggy.
I'm sadly done with drinking.

Is the PZAK really that beneficial to you?

Must be good shit for you two make that decision.

since we are a gambling forum. The line is:

-145000 Casper will have a drink again

sux casper - it will all work out

glad nothing extreme happened

glad madison was there

Is the PZAK really that beneficial to you?

Must be good shit for you two make that decision.

since we are a gambling forum. The line is:

-145000 Casper will have a drink again
Blitty, so far I have to say the benefits have been quite good. I really do handle thoughts a lot differently on it. The stress that I have been internalizing for years seems to have disappeared.

i miss the casper gets laid thread