Super Bowl XLIX - Seattle Seahawks versus New England Patriots

They might be thugs but handing the ball off would have made them champs.

Throwing on the 1 yd line down 4 with under :30 makes NO sense. Even if it's just incomplete you stop the clock. They had 2 timeouts left so you just run.

Terrible call....these sport talk radio guys surely got a hard on that busted through their pants.

Ok so they had 1 timeout left.

You still run.

You have Marshawn Fucking Lynch.

Absolutely right CB! What would Bear fans feel like if that happened? Eagle fans would going crazy losing like that! At least the Seahawks won it last year, but still!

I can't imagine being more pissed if it were the Bears, but I would be.

That will go down in history as the worst call of all time.

As someone who was not rooting for either team, I thought that was an amazing finish. Fight was a nice touch too, felt like hockey without skates for a second.

Helluva thing next year with the Roman numerals.

L

That's it.

Super Bowl L.

Helluva thing next year with the Roman numerals.

L

That's it.

Super Bowl L.

I heard they were changing it for next year! Super Bowl 50!

Any chance Carroll took a shot at a pass there, knowing if it was incomplete he could hand to lynch on 3rd down and call time out and hand to him on 4th again if need be?

3 runs with 1 timeout could be near impossible in the limited time they had

But getting a illite more conspiratorial.

If lynch gets that TD he most likely is MVP

And Seattle has to have their fan base okay with the duper bowl MVP and hero being let go because he doesn't like the coach or whatever.

If Wilson hits the pass, than Carroll has a win win.

If Wilson throws incomplete, he still can win with Lynch even though a 2nd down TD pass would have been a bonus.

The INT seemed pretty improbable I guess

Carrol still biggest dumbass on the sporting planet this month

Any chance Carroll took a shot at a pass there, knowing if it was incomplete he could hand to lynch on 3rd down and call time out and hand to him on 4th again if need be?

3 runs with 1 timeout could be near impossible in the limited time they had

Good point but not calling for 3 runs! Lynch is the beast and got 4 yards to the 1 on 1st down! Only 1 yard needed so run on 2nd down if no TD, call final TO, so maybe pass incomplete on 3rd down but still chance to run Lynch on 4th down like you said! Another NFL pass happy offensive coordinator who outsmarted himself!

As someone who was not rooting for either team, I thought that was an amazing finish. Fight was a nice touch too, felt like hockey without skates for a second.
Yes, fight should be a requirement. The fans need to get their frustration out for getting hyped up every year over this stupid shit. In fact every super bowl party should end in a brawl.

Yes, fight should be a requirement. The fans need to get their frustration out for getting hyped up every year over this stupid shit. In fact every super bowl party should end in a brawl.

There wasn't a whole lot of coming to Carrol's defense on the part of anyone. Not even someone lobbing up a recreational devil's advocate position just for the hell of it.

But no - just a complete bus throwing-under-of. "Pilloried," was the word I used to describe the reactions of all the TV guys.

The only thing I can say is Wilson has to take some of the blame. The play has to be called with the full expectation that, if the target is not absolutely wide open, throw the ball away. There is no trying to squeeze the ball into a tight little window in that situation. That was Wilson's decision.

Whatever, give the ball to Lynch.

Why did bellichek not call time out immediately after lunch was tackled on the first down run?

At this point tv guys are saying, will he let them score

It was a foregone conclusion that lynch would run

How did belichek KNOW?

With luck they had in the GB game and the lucky catch to get them down the field I'd say things finished as they should.

House winning 300$

I wonder why they called this Super Bowl XLIX anyway. Why not just IL?

Instead of ten-less-than-fifty plus one-less-than-ten.

Why not just one-less than-fifty?

IL.

Riddle me that, Marcus Octavius.

And 999 could be IM. But each digit is treated independently for whatever reason.

CM XC IX