Super Bowl XLIX - Seattle Seahawks versus New England Patriots

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Hm. Not seeing a thread for this so here it is.

I believe this game is tentatively scheduled for Sunday. University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.

Current consensus line is New England -1 with the total at 47.5.

I have been having a very hard time coming up with an angle on who to cheer for. I have a half-assed reason both ways (and none of it has anything to do with the air pressure in footballs.) But it may just come down to a gametime gut decision. We'll see.

Gentlemen start your engines and whatnot.

I think the Sherman thing is big and Pats take it. I'd love it if Gronk stomps on his face then pees on him.

Here's why it's good to be a bookmaker. I have heard people this week - multiple unrelated people - saying - without a hint of irony - that it should be a close game because New England's last 5 Super Bowl appearances have all resulted in score differentials of 4 or less.

This is a sample size of 5 games spread out back to 2002.

People think this is a predictive trend. They seriously think it is a predictive trend.

:retarded:

It's good to be a bookmaker.

I always strive to bring Roman numerals to gamelive.

Apparently Katie Perry is supposed to have some big surprise guest during her halftime show. Peeps are speculating. The only hint out there is it will be an older female.

Someone on the radio yesterday speculated Missy Elliot - which Harmony had also heard elsewhere - which led me to say, "Who?"

Okay, I have actually heard of Missy Elliot but that would be a pretty obscure way to go, to my way of thinking. More of a footnote than a legend. Not exactly a splash of Super Bowlian proportion.

Someone guessed Madonna but Madonna just did the Super Bowl. That doesn't sound right to me.

Someone guessed Taylor Swift and I thought that totally sounds wrong. Didn't they have some kind of rift? They dated the same guy or one was trying to poach the road crew of the other? Some damn thing.

Anyway, Taylor Swift is as big as Katie Perry so it doesn't sound right that she would agree to go on without being the headliner.

My thought was either Cher or Tina Turner. No particular logic. That is just what popped into my head.

Someone speculated a hologram of Whitney Houston. Which leads me to think ----> jesus christ.

Like, can we not do that?

Patriots -13.5 +450

Under 47.5 -110

Katy Perri's special female guest....Cyndi Lauper

I like it Casper. Need to get money back from last year super shit bowl fiasco.

I like it Casper. Need to get money back from last year super shit bowl fiasco.

Yeah last year was bad Reno. I'm with you on that pal.

FW, I'm not sure what Seattle -13.5 is. I'm so far convinced about the Pats kicking ass, I'm partially blind to reality.

I had a lady trying to talk with me about the super bowl last night, she called the Seahawks the seafood ones. I literally did a :facepalm:

Woulda sworn I posted this a little while ago. Maybe it was in another thread and I am now posting it a second time?

Anyhoo, this is the follow up to the Puppy Love commercial.

Frikkin' awwwwww

Looking forward to the commercials this year. I have programmed my DVR to skip the game play and only show the commercials.