Spinning Things Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 76 Comments
  • Views 4,469 Views
Puppies.

E6qIdQz.gif

What a bunch of idiots.

looking real smart right there assbags. use them as mops.

Not as noice as I was hoping. Guess I'll just leave the moon alone then.

N.S. skater may have broken fastest spin record: 342 revolutions per minute

A Nova Scotia figure skater may have just spun her way into the world record books.

Olivia Rybicka-Oliver, 11, spun at a speed equivalent to 342 revolutions per minute on the ice during a competition in Poland on Monday. If confirmed by the Guinness World Records organization, that would smash the record of 306 revolutions per minute that was set by a 26-year-old Russian in 2006.

The record would not mean that she spun 342 times in a minute, but that she made at least one spin at an equivalent speed.

Wish I had a video to link but I don't see one. There is some video on this page: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/n-s-sk...evolutions-per-minute-1.2201486#ixzz3PbCkvian

Woke up facing the window this morning and a single bright dot was in the sky. I fired up Star Chart on my phone to figure out what it was. It was Capella.

Capella is not a star. It's four stars (two binary systems) and the two main stars orbit each other at a distance of about 100 million kilometers. For comparison purposes, Earth is about 150 million kilometers from the Sun.

Tiny little dot in the sky.

:clapper:

Capella = Alpha Aurigae, if memory serves.

Not gonna look it up and confirm. Just gonna let my statement stand and leave myself open to complete ridicule and embarrassment if Capella is not in fact Alpha Aurigae

:fearpanic:

This is a good day for The Spinning Things Thread.

And let's not forget the Eugenie Bouchard twirl

at the end of that Eugenie vid this was one of the recommended vids for me

I bet Bread banged her

:spinner:

Can't tell if she's hot or not.

churned butterface

Probably the first and last time I will ever open this thread.

Gay.