• Start date
  • Replies 51 Comments
  • Views 3,299 Views

2daBank

Since
Aug 7, 2010
Score
Tokens
like ive said baseball is not my best sport but i do have my moments, this what im smoking on for Sunday...

Minny -150..not a bad price for a team that should win this series, Demsung (love spelling it like that, lol) did get touched up his last start but lets be real although the tribes surge has been impressive they are not tampa...Huff going for the tribe and the guy is a gas can and its even worse during the day, i like minny to get the win to keep pace with the chi sox...which leads to my next game..

chi sox -125...yea i know more road chalk (and kinda a suspicious number)..certain things i really like in this spot though, i like fading a team that just lost there 1st game after a nice win streak and dont get it twisted 4 games is a very nice win streak for balty..Buehrle has been very good and better during the day and this is just another spot where ill take the better team to win the series..Guthrie is certainly no slouch as he has been pitching very well but even if we call the pitchers a wash i will take the sox pen anyday in this matchup....

seeing how road chalk seems to be the theme lets try 1 more.......

SD-133....i just can not see these guys getting swept by zona with Latos on the hill, this guy has had 9 consecutive starts where he has givin up 2 runs or less, dont get me wrong saunders has been very impressive since his move to the NL and im really torn between taking a side in this one or just playing the under first 5 not game as the reason i feel sd pulls this out is zona pen is all about melting down... dont have the ff option as of yet but i figure it will be 4 -4.5 either way i will be on that ans sd........

if im way off base on any of these or missing something i should know about by all means let me know (im not to proud to hear the other side)...hopefully we all can make some money on Sunday....gl to everyone

Already on Twins and White Sox

Take a look at the Reds Banker

coug i really wanna play the reds but there is a sick stat about the cubbies when it comes to avoiding 3 game sweeps, i know they throwing some scrub out there but they do hit lefties well and like i said i dont think cubs have been swept in a 3 game series like all year (could be wrong but i know it a sick stat

Some serious trends here that favor the Reds, plus the kid Diamond threw like 120 pitchers or something his last start and Colvin isn't playing

Cincinnati

* Reds are 6-0 in their last 6 road games vs. a right-handed starter.
* Reds are 5-0 in their last 5 games vs. a right-handed starter.
* Reds are 6-1 in their last 7 road games.
* Reds are 6-1 in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
* Reds are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
* Reds are 6-1 in their last 7 games on grass.
* Reds are 6-1 in their last 7 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30.
* Reds are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
* Reds are 58-23 in their last 81 vs. a team with a losing record.
* Reds are 54-23 in their last 77 vs. National League Central.
* Reds are 36-16 in their last 52 road games vs. a team with a losing record.
* Reds are 2-6 in their last 8 Sunday games.
* Reds are 4-0 in Woods last 4 starts vs. a team with a losing record.
* Reds are 4-0 in Woods last 4 starts vs. National League Central.
* Reds are 4-0 in Woods last 4 road starts vs. a team with a losing record.
* Reds are 5-1 in Woods last 6 road starts.
* Reds are 5-2 in Woods last 7 starts.
* Reds are 5-2 in Woods last 7 starts on grass.

Chi. Cubs

* Cubs are 13-3 in their last 16 games after losing the first 2 games of a series.
* Cubs are 14-29 in their last 43 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.
* Cubs are 1-4 in their last 5 Sunday games.
* Cubs are 1-5 in their last 6 during game 3 of a series.
* Cubs are 1-5 in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
* Cubs are 1-5 in their last 6 home games.
* Cubs are 1-6 in their last 7 vs. National League Central.
* Cubs are 1-7 in their last 8 games following a loss.
* Cubs are 1-9 in their last 10 overall.
* Cubs are 1-9 in their last 10 games on grass.
* Cubs are 0-6 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.

coug i totally agree, i just cant get over that they have not been swept at home all year

like ive said baseball is not my best sport but i do have my moments, this what im smoking on for Sunday...

Minny -150..not a bad price for a team that should win this series, Demsung (love spelling it like that, lol) did get touched up his last start but lets be real although the tribes surge has been impressive they are not tampa...Huff going for the tribe and the guy is a gas can and its even worse during the day, i like minny to get the win to keep pace with the chi sox...which leads to my next game..

chi sox -125...yea i know more road chalk (and kinda a suspicious number)..certain things i really like in this spot though, i like fading a team that just lost there 1st game after a nice win streak and dont get it twisted 4 games is a very nice win streak for balty..Buehrle has been very good and better during the day and this is just another spot where ill take the better team to win the series..Guthrie is certainly no slouch as he has been pitching very well but even if we call the pitchers a wash i will take the sox pen anyday in this matchup....

seeing how road chalk seems to be the theme lets try 1 more.......

SD-133....i just can not see these guys getting swept by zona with Latos on the hill, this guy has had 9 consecutive starts where he has givin up 2 runs or less, dont get me wrong saunders has been very impressive since his move to the NL and im really torn between taking a side in this one or just playing the under first 5 not game as the reason i feel sd pulls this out is zona pen is all about melting down... dont have the ff option as of yet but i figure it will be 4 -4.5 either way i will be on that ans sd........

if im way off base on any of these or missing something i should know about by all means let me know (im not to proud to hear the other side)...hopefully we all can make some money on Sunday....gl to everyone

I'm drunk. :cono:

Ump trends too

Umpire Trends - Adrian Johnson

* Road team is 4-0 in Johnsons last 4 Sunday games behind home plate.
* Over is 4-0 in Johnsons last 4 games behind home plate vs. Chicago.
* Road team is 5-1 in Johnsons last 6 games behind home plate.

also looking at sea and the kc/sea under, Vargas has been very good at home, we got a solid under ump and although Davies is nothing special not like sea has a real offense.

First off, welcome to GL banker! Good to see you over here. I haven't looked at the games today but will do so shortly. Coug can you pull stats on the Reds on Sunday games? They will most likely be sitting Rolen today and could see an offensive letdown on the day before tthe biggest series for the Reds since 1999. Wood has been dependable so I would look hard at the under. I know Cincy has been terrible offensively on Sundays but don't have the stats to back it up.

McB, I don't know where to pull stats from individual days for teams.

Sorry, if someone knows, please post them.

The place I got those from just gives general trends, it doesn't break all the stats down by day.

McB, I don't know where to pull stats from individual days for teams.

Sorry, if someone knows, please post them.

The place I got those from just gives general trends, it doesn't break all the stats down by day.

Usually the day shouldn't matter, but having followed them all season long I know they have been shutout a few times on Sundays and Rolen almost always sits the last day game before the team travels. The line opened at 10.5. Is the wind blowing out in Wrigley today?

Wind is blowing from S/SW all day between 11 and 15 mph

That is pretty much blowing straight out

Some rain heading their way, might delay the game for a bit as well but they should get it in

Ok, so I went back and checked every Sunday game for Cincy since the beginning of season.
-They have been shutout 6 times on Sundays
-They have a record of 7-10 on Sundays
-They have averaged 3.11 runs on Sundays compared to a season average of 4.9 runs per game
-They did have one large offensive outburst against Chicago at Chicago beating them 14-3 on a Sunday

Yankees are good on Sundays too

Break out those numbers

Yankees
-12-6 on Sundays
-avg. 6.277 runs per game compared to season avg. of 5.4 runs

Posted by jfay (Cincy enquirer blog writer) August 8th, 2010, 11:02 am
No lineup yet. It’s probably going to be a Sunday Special. Dusty Baker said the Reds have some people banged up, and he was going to rest them because of the upcoming St. Louis series.

Brandon Phillips might be out after hitting ball off his foot.

Ick. I don't like that at all. The thing is the Reds could probably just leave Votto in there and win.

This Cubs team is just awful.

Not saying they can't pull it out today with the wind blowing out and Diamond on the hill throwing junk all over the place, but I am fading this Cubs team every chance I get.