soccer thread for the year

Going to play some Europa league today

Stoke -1 -139 risk 1.39 5dimes

Hearts pk -110 risk 1.10

Fulham -1 -135 risk 1.35

Karpaty -340 ml risk 3.4

I cant believe this Villarreal game Rogie, I am losing my Indians bet too.LOL I cant hit the broad side of a barn right now.

I am buying out of my Krakow bet, they look awful. Its amazing how different a team can play at home and away on a hostile field.

2nd half Apoel -.5 -105 risk 3.15

2nd half Apoel/Krakow over 1 -126 risk 1.26

I only saw a few minutes in this match,I am not as confident as I was on the Apoel wager. Stats favor the home team, decent line. Going to hedge the maccabi wager

Genk Pk -140 risk 2.8

Very good day today, broke this losing streak of 3 days

Japan- J league

Nagoya Grampus Eight pk -108 risk 1.08

Kashima Antlers-.5 -116 risk 1.16

Yokohamo Marinas Pk -5 -105 risk 1.05

Plzen v FC Copenhagen (agg 3-1)

Plzen certainly doesnt need to do much but defend their lead in goals on aggregate but this game should be a major game for the Czech fans and for this club. I cant see them playing for a draw. This quote fronm the Czech coach shows how much reaching the group level means to a smaller club like this.

""If three years ago somebody had said we'd be here now, playing a decisive game to reach the Champions League in front of a full house, I'd have said they were crazy"," said coach Pavel Vrba, who rested Horvth, Milan Petržela and Marin Čišovsk at the weekend. "This game can put Plzeň on another level."

Plzen Pk -120 risk 3.60

Rubin Kazan v Lyon (agg 1-3)

Russia is not an easy place to play and I think Kazan should have some hope here with an away goal. I personally dont think they have the talent to make up the aggregate numbers and I see a draw in this one but I am going to play the under

Under 2.5 -126 risk 1.26

Benfica v FC Twente (agg 2-2)

The main thing to understand about this matchup is the two away goals Benfica obtained in the first leg.This is a tough one to call, Benfica is usually tough at home they have won 11, drawn 2 and lost 2 in their last 15 at home but I dont agree with alot of punters who have them winning this easily. I think this game could go either way but with that away two goal cushion for benfica, I am going to play this one safe.

Twente +1 -111 risk 1.11

SK Sturm Graz v BATE Borisov (agg 1-1)

Sturm Graz has the advantage with the away goal here, with alot of injury issues for Graz I could see them play a really tight kind of game. I like the under here and Graz at a pk.

Under 2.5 -142 risk 1.42

Graz pk -138 risk 2.76

Udinese v Arsenal (agg 0-1)

This is a tough one to call with all the problems at Arsenal. Van Persie will be in the lineup for Arsenal but he has hasnt been much of a presence so far for Arsenal. Wilshere, Traor, and Gibbs are all question marks and look like they will be sitting and Diaby is not expected back in early September, everyone has probably been reading about Samir Nasri and Manchester City

I was impressed with Udinese in the first leg and I wouldnt be surprised to see them keep this one close but a banged up Arsenal is still one of the top lucrative soccer clubs in the world and though they are very young, they have spent a fortune on this team with players like Gervinho and company.

People talk about Arsenal being a shell of its former self but you still have to look at the immense talent still on the squad, I think the best bet would be on Arsenal to advance but the numbers are too high for most punters.

Draw +238 risk 1

I had to go back and update my record, that number on the 20th must have been my record at at Sbr.

52-39 +16.44

57-43 +17.41

I will have more picks later but this line really sticks out to me as being way off from what I have been reading on the boards and looking at the stats. I dont know much about this league other than Dynamo and some eastern european league lines seem a little dodgy at times, injury status and the latest news is hard to find in these leagues, but I am taking this number.

Croatia

NK Lokomotiva Zagreb pk +100 risk 3

I dont have time tonight for any real long write ups but these are the games I have for the morning

The big news at Chelsea has been the signing of Mata and it sounds like he is not going to start but he should be part of a new type of offensive football Villa-Boas is going to bring to the Blues. Chelsea is coming off a few very average performances, a draw and a rather average win against west brom which saw Villas-Boas switch from his usual 4-3-3 formation to a 4-4-2 formation so I am hoping we see an more offensive minded Chelsea today.

Roman Abramovich has spent a fortune on this team and he cant be real happy seeing the type of performances Chelsea and Villas-Boas have shown so far against Stoke and West Brom. The two teams in Manchester look fantastic and Chelsea better wake up soon, Norwich has done well to draw so far against Stoke and Wigan but this is a whole new environment for Norwich , if they were crushed by Milton Keyne Dons this week even with all the changes they made for the game, then Stamford Bridge is not going to be a great experience.

Chelsea -1.5 -165 risk 1.65

Wigan pk -162 risk 1.62

Sunderland pk +115 risk 1

Czech

FK Slovan Liberec -173 risk 1.73

Last edited:
59-45 +13.68

Belgium

FC Brugge (BEL) pk,- -110 risk 1.10

Standard Liege (BEL) pk,- -104 risk 1.04

Germany

1860 Munich (GER-2) -135 risk 1.35

St. Pauli (GER-2) pk,+ -125 risk 3.75

Holland

Feyenoord (HOL-E) -1 -102 risk 1.02

Groningen (HOL-E) pk -114 risk 1.14

Exelsior (HOL-E) +.2.5 -102 risk 1.02 Exelsior is a cellar dweller type of team from looking at their numbers and stats but 2.5 goals is alot and they only lost 2-0 to Feyenoord, albeit at home. I am not real confident in this pick but I hope they can cover 2.5 damn goals

Denmark

Nordsjaelland (DEN-S) -113 risk 1.13

England

Manchester City (ENG-P) pk -138 risk 1.38 I think the draw is the best pick here but Man City looks like a team who can win anywhere, their away form can be worrisome at times, but until they show some signs of weakness this year I will continue to wager on the best team in the premiere league, especially at a pk.

Newcastle (ENG-P) pk ,-5 -113 risk 1.13 That is a long trip from the Ukraine for Martin Jols squad,even Fulhams fans have to leave early in the morning for this early start according to the BBC. Newcastle has looked great so far this year but a draw wouldnt surprise me, I see them coming away with a win here.

Manchester Utd (ENG-P) -1 -129 risk 1.29

GL greggy, thats alot of action u got on that card...Hit those winners pal

Thnaks X'y I love your avatar, I love that show, I havent seen it much because I am not always around to watch it but I love it.

I went 5-4 today but still lost money because of a damn bundesliga 2 pick I went big on. The second night in a row I tailed another punter I talked to and they both failed big time. Betting big units on leagues I dont know anything about like croatian and bundesliga 2 has to stop, I swept my english games, the boards and web sites can be a mixed blessing.

64-49 +10.75

AC Sparta Prague (CZE-G) pk,+ -104 risk 2.08

Wrexham (ENG Conf) +100 risk 1

York City (ENG Conf) -1 -118 risk 1.18

Parlay Barcelona/ Tennis (US Open) Williams/Tipsarevic/Bartoli/Kvitova -136 risk 1.36

Parlay Barcelona/ Bartoli/Anderson/ Tipsarevic/Williams -117 risk 1.17

Parlay KR Reykjavik (Iceland )/ Bartoli/Tomic/Petrova +107 risk 1

Parlay (tennis) Anderson/Goerges/Williams/ -138 risk 1.38

Parlay Petrova/Radwanska/Williams/Tipsarevic/Troicki/Goerges +153 risk 2

Zakapolova -150 risk 1.50

Stepanek -3.5 -120 risk 1.20

Sharapova -7 -140 risk 1.40

Robson +130 risk 2

Oudin +140 risk 1

Malisse -2.5 +100 risk 1

bellucci -4.5 -120 risk 1.20

Parlay Petrova/Radwanska/Williams/Tipsarevic/Troicki/Goerges +153 risk 2

On this. GL and keep hammering those plays gregy....

Good luck X'y

Adding Goerges/Garrigues/Berdych/Tipsarevic parlay -108 risk 2.16

Montanes -2.5 -120 risk 2.40

Sorry X'y Troicki ruined our +153 parlay, everybody else hit so far

need williams to come through tonight for most of my other parlays

mattek sands +110 risk 2

No stress pal. We're all grownups here :) Just keep hitting those dogs...

I will update record today, just wanted to get these in.

Nor Ireland Soccer 552 Portadown (N.IRE-P) -150 risk 1.50

Bubka -3.5 +105 risk 1

Benesova +165 risk 1

Gulbis +105 risk 1

Darcis +150 risk 1

Young/Lacko over 37.5 games -115 risk 1.15

Mayer -5.5 -120 risk 2.40

Mahut -4 -110 risk 1.10

Kunitsyn -3 -118 risk 1.18

Tsonga/Wawrinka/Ferrer/Mayer/Hantuchova/Petkovic/S.Williams +118 risk 1

Soderling/Tsonga/Melzer/Petkovic/Kerber/Cetkovska -110 risk 1.10

Tsonga/Melzer/Ferrer/Verdasco/Cetkovska/Petkovic/ +101 risk 1