Skrill to Cease Processing Gambling Payments in Canada?

• Start date
  • Replies 75 Comments
  • Views 6,135 Views
You cannot prove gambling winnings are taxable in Canada, go ahead, I dare you to try.

Mudcat.

Game, set, match.

Baboon.

I understand mudcat paid taxes, but he did so voluntarily, unless I misunderstood what he said.

My point is that the laws are vague and the CRA is hesitant to allow gambling loss claims from gamblers on their taxes so they don't have the same clout when it comes to collecting. I also think the amounts matter, for instance someone making $500k a year consistently gambling would have a hard time explaining that kind of money but someone who makes $25-40k a year some years, less in others is not going to attract much if any attention from the CRA.

Perhaps I should re state what I meant:

"It's not difficult to get around the laws that apply to the taxation of gambling winnings."

Matty, still no christmas card, pal.

someone who makes $25-40k a year some years, less in others is not going to attract much if any attention from the CRA.

Duh.

:bashing:

How many of those degens you know, including yourself, ever declared their occupation as being gambling? Y'all had another source of income.

None, but I have known of a few guys that got handed huge tax bills not for their gambling winning but just for the volume of bets at the racetrack. The government claimed that they must have earned more non gambling income than what they claimed because of the dollar amounts gambled at the track, HPI has a recording of all wagers and turns them over to the CRA.

I sometimes fantasized about ways around taxes. Like I could just have said I won, you know, half a million dollars in a windfall. A 14 team parlay or something. And I just pull back what I need for bills from offshore every month.

Could they prove I was lying? Maybe not. Well actually some of my income came as cheques so that would seem inconsistent with the story. Those had to be dealt with. But I could have come up with another story or stories. The CRA was probably not going to get any results trying to chase down the cheque issuers for questioning.

Fraud was an option. But, having no idea whatsoever of how they go about things, and how much ridiculous crap they would actual accept - fraud didn't seem like a good option. For all I know, all my assumptions could be wrong. Maybe they don't have to prove much of anything. Maybe I do. Maybe they're not stupid.

At times I might rationalize to myself, oh, they wouldn't want to bother with me.

Well I knew people who got audited who made less money than me.

Ultimately, it's like any job in Canada. You got income - you have to pay income tax (or be a criminal).

I like how plommer thought there was some sort of professional gambler tax loophole.

I think the syphilis is starting to eat away at his brain.

So Canadians are officially no longer able to use skrill for online gambling transactions.

Today when I log in to my Pinnacle acct and go to the cashier the option to use skrill has been removed - as it should be.

Log in to my CRIS acct, and the option to fund via skrill is still there, same with 5Dimes and Heritage - this option should be removed, but this is the difference between the greatest sports book on the planet (PINNACLE) and Costa Rican shops.

I had $36 left in my skrill account and sent it to Heritage last week, well before the skrill deadline. Heritage claims it never received the money, saying the funds were not approved by skrill because it was a gaming transaction.

I sent them a screenshot showing the approval from skrill. Nope, they won't help me. So I'm annoyed that I gotta do so much work over a lousy $36 USD but it's the principle of not getting taken that is making me bug them until it gets resolved.

zEJdwxB.jpg

So I requested my first non skrill payout from Pinnacle today. Using idebit.

Took Pinny approx 25 mins to process the request, funds immediately available in my idebit account.

Requested $300 to test the process. All went smoothly.

Pinnacle still the best book in the world, by far.

http://www.idebitpayments.com/faqs.html

Withdrew $600 via Ukash from Pinnacle tonight, two transactions of $300 each cost me $16 total.

ps: fuck skrill/moneybookers!

40yP8UQ.png

Then deposited the ukash vouchers to my Horseplayer Interactive Account which is the legal offtrack betting in Canada.

I can cash out at the racetrack or eft the money to my bank account overnight.

I first tried splitting the vouchers and depositing to CRIS, but the deposit was rejected, so fuck them, they are extremely incompetent.

So it looks like 99% of my action will now be at Pinnacle and Betfair.

Fuck the shit CR books.

25sFLLx.png

Withdraw to bank account.

bQLPunG.png

Do it to see if they say anything about a rollover.

Do it to see if they say anything about a rollover.

They won't. But if they notice that you are using HPI for withdrawing ukash vouchers right after making a deposit I'm sure they will contact you.

I've had an acct with HPI since 1996 and still bet horses using this account, I'll have no problems.

Between Idebit and Ukash getting paid from Pinny is still as smooth as ever.

I used my mogo visa card to deposit to pinny.

Woodbine Entertainment Group is a private company or linked to government?

Do they exclusively control the OTB shops or are there other companies as well?

Do they exclusively control the OTB shops or are there other companies as well?

They control the OTB's in the Toronto region and Vancouver, there are other networks in the smaller cities in Ontario that have agreements in place with Woodbine.

You ever been to Wegz or the Turf Lounge? TF looks very fancy.