Skrill to Cease Processing Gambling Payments in Canada?

• Start date
  • Replies 75 Comments
  • Views 6,099 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
http://pokerfuse.com/news/industry/...ambling-payments-in-canada-on-january-2-2014/

January 2, 2014 withdrawal date set, according to as-yet unconfirmed player report.
Share:
Skrill is pulling out of the Canadian gambling market. In an email to customers it has announced the end of operations on January 2.
By Jocelyn Wood
December 10, 2013
pokerfu.se/9zyr

Ben Sauce123 Sulsky has posted an email he received from Skrill telling him that they would no longer permit gambling transactions as of January 2, 2014. Transactions from merchants will end January 31.

The email explained : Skrill will be notifying active gamblers next week and will also communicate this to its broader Canadian customer base.

In August this year, CVC Capital Partners bought a 75% stake in Skrill (formerly Moneybookers). Since then, the company has been approved by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement for online gambling transactions within the state.

There is no Canadian law which bans online gambling transactions, although as NAFTA members, Canadian banks generally include no-gambling clauses in their terms and conditions, in order to avoid potential legal problems with their US subsidiaries which are subject to the UIGEA.

Poker players in Canada, especially those who are refugees from the USA, are facing a dwindling set of options for cash outs and deposits. Many banks refuse gambling transactions, as does Visa and NETELLER.

A spokesperson from Skrill was not immediately available to confirm the report.

So they apparently want to cease service to Canadians Jan 2 but haven't announced anything yet.

Seems like they want to cut it close.

This is the worst offshore news in years.

BAUS

This is the worst offshore news in years.

BAUS

Yes, and the only reason I used the big banks instead of credit unions was because of Skrill wire payments.

Now I'll probably close my RBC accts and move to another credit union.

At least Pinnacle offers idebit/instadebit/eft/ukash as payment methods. Betfair pays to my visa card.

I'm sure I'll use Entropay alot more now too.

UKash available in Canada?

yes - Esso gas stations, Canadian Tire gas stations and all Canada Post outlets as well as many variety stores sell them.

Pinnacle can payout via ukash vouchers - which can be used/cashed at Woodbine Racetrack.

This sucks if true. I'll be down to Instadebit for my weekly $100 parlays. Wires are too costly for small-time gamboling.

This sucks if true. I'll be down to Instadebit for my weekly $100 parlays. Wires are too costly for small-time gamboling.

It's true. I just got the email. This really fucking sucks.

BAUS

Baus, your avatar picture still creeps me out, but I can't hold it against you anymore. How you've been?

Aight, I just got the email too.

This sucks almost as much as me getting GBS last winter.

I've exclusively used Skrill since Neteller left, so I'm a total noob when it comes to any of the other options left for us. I know Ukash isnt set up for it, but do any of the other options that Plommer mentioned above act as an E-wallet where you can store your money online for easy transfer between sites? Or are they strictly deposit and withdrawal options?

Matty, I recovered from that.

Not sure I can recover from this!:punchface:

What are you telling me? That Pinny will transfer funds to your HPI account?
No but pinny will pay you in ukash vouchers which can be deposited to your HPI acct.
1kERxe2.png