Sexual Harrassment

• Start date
  • Replies 124 Comments
  • Views 11,706 Views
Plommy made some valid points.

Do I think "Honey bunny" is a ridiculous name to call a co-worker? Absolutely. However, the co-worker should have said something to Casper as opposed to making it strictly a management issue.

Sexism can be very subjective in this case. In order for it to truly fall under the umbrella of sexism, it would need to have been used in a condescending term in order to belittle the recipient or to foster the stereotype that women are lesser. While Casper may not have made the comment to belittle the woman (or foster a stereotypical female role), it was possibly her perception that he did. Regardless, she should have addressed it with him.

Thanks pal, you make good points as well. I agree that she should have taken it up with Casper first instead of going to management first.

As you can see I get annoyed when people claim to be victims over the most insignificant things.

It's like the younger women of today are conditioned to blame men for all their perceived problems and not realizing how good they have it in a 1st world country. Have women been trained to not accept any responsibility?

Men are ALLIES of women but its reached the point where guys stop putting up with all the shit, we are not your enemies ladies.

I'm against injustice, against either sex but its so cool and in fashion nowadays for women to always take exception to almost everything men do and try to shame them for their behaviour.

Then saying she wishes his girlfriend would smack him upside the head, are you kidding me? Can you imagine the uproar if a man suggested to another man to slap his wife if she did something he didn't approve of? The hypocrisy is sickening.

Employees shouldn't be called any nicknames, whether endearing or not, unless they ask to be called it. Period.

Management should certainly be alerted, because the business can be made liable for sexual harassment or discrimination charges if the nickname usage offends the person and persists or worsens. As a business owner, you want to avoid opening the door to as much litigation as possible. Even if the offended employee files a lawsuit with very little legal merit, it's a (sometimes large) legal cost incurred to the business.

Of course, that doesn't even touch on the morale of the employees. You want your employees to be as comfortable as possible while they are working at your establishment. That responsibility falls on the management and it is their duty to know and resolve whatever is bothering their employees.

Thanks pal, you make good points as well. I agree that she should have taken it up with Casper first instead of going to management first.

As you can see I get annoyed when people claim to be victims over the most insignificant things.

It's like the younger women of today are conditioned to blame men for all their perceived problems and not realizing how good they have it in a 1st world country. Have women been trained to not accept any responsibility?

Men are ALLIES of women but its reached the point where guys stop putting up with all the shit, we are not your enemies ladies.

I'm against injustice, against either sex but its so cool and in fashion nowadays for women to always take exception to almost everything men do and try to shame them for their behaviour.

Then saying she wishes his girlfriend would smack him upside the head, are you kidding me? Can you imagine the uproar if a man suggested to another man to slap his wife if she did something he didn't approve of? The hypocrisy is sickening.

Feel like a lot of this is tv humor. Like the clip you posted, it's funny but if anything it's a caricature and demeaning to women. Same thing is done to men. I'm not so certain that alot of what we believe to be true about men and women isn't some theory that gets ratings and sounds plausible.

But yes, it's the system brother:thinking: Hard for a woman to survive in our culture and remain true to herself. Alot of what is taught and respected is unnatural stuff, especially for a decent woman. (Like all that jobs, inventions, ceo and corporate bullcrap you mentioned).

And then they feed you on tv about how you should value yourself based on how the other sex sees you. (probably according to a group of faggotitilly inclined showbiz people). :hey: it's a scam man

Reno I honestly can't decipher what you wrote. Are you agreeing, disagreeing or saying I'm way off and full of shit?

I'm pointing out that women, but not all women, its mostly those under 35 think they have it so tough and are victims of everything, complaining incessantly.

Men have invented the things that have made our lives so much easier and comfortable and women in turn complain about injustices that don't exist like the wage gap and are up in arms when a man compliments a woman when its unwanted.

Women are the biggest beneficiaries of mens sacrifices, and beneficiaries of all the great advances in technology that make life easy.

Women contribute in different ways but are not equal to men, they rely on affirmative action to reach positions of power because they cant or won't achieve it on their own merit.

If Caligurl thinks shes been so poorly treated as an attractive woman she should experience life as a woman in the middle east, or India or Pakistan.

She has it easy because men here are conditioned to help and protect women, then they resent men for doing so. It's fucked and since they want equality let them have it.

Face the same consequences as men for the same actions.

I was watching some funny youtube vids of women assaulting men, initiating an assault and then crying like fucking babies when the man defends himself and knocks them to the ground.

Men should never hit a woman first. Men should never hit a woman for anything except to fight back when assaulted but they should have every right to do so, otherwise women get stupid and think its ok to hit a man because there will be no consequences.

We are not equal, we only let women believe we are and its a lie.

Surrender noted.

Too bad but not unexpected. When the going gets tough, women quit.

It's obviously incredibly hard for a woman, as you stated. I had no idea just how hard.
Yes its so hard as a woman to have men falling over themselves to do things for you to make your life easier. Just horrible.

I really would have liked to hear what you had to say to support your position on the claims you made.

Your opinions disgust me.

Thats unfortunate but you're not a victim. Not getting what you want 100% of the time may suck for you but you have zero worries.

You appear to have life by the scrotum and compared to billions of other humans on the planet you certainly do, as do I and every other person that posts here.

First world problems.

Cali, what I find interesting is that Plommer DID make some very good points. After reading what you wrote to me, I made sure to read it with an open mind. I also made sure not to start some flame war or dismiss what you wrote as inflammatory fodder.

Plommer expressed his opinions with facts and emotion. You did the same thing. His point about me getting smacked upside the head was a very good one.

What makes his opinions disgusting, but yours are righteous and empowering? I sincerely don't get it. What I have noticed through a percentage of modern feminists is when you bring up men and their struggles, they are immediately dismissed. Equality for women in all situations is great to rally for. Dismissing men and not recognizing their struggles though will only cause a bigger rift between the two genders.

Instead of saying to Plommer "your opinions disgust me" how about explain which opinions disgust you and why?

It would give your opinions a little more merit. I am hoping all the things you wrote weren't written to be inflammatory and crude. By dismissing Plommer with a one sentence answer to his opinions, your words have now come across as that.

Reno I honestly can't decipher what you wrote. Are you agreeing, disagreeing or saying I'm way off and full of shit?

1st consider these qualities and views you attribute to women. Are these women you know or something you heard said in the media?
Personally, trying to think of women I've known, they don't have these man hating(?) attributes. They may be foked up in different ways, I don't deny that. And I figure that has more to do with the other things I mention.

PLommer tends to paint with a broad brush. I don't know any women who expect things to be handed to them in the workplace without exering the same effort/work ethic as a man. I think Plommer spends a lot of time finding videos and articles about women that support his position instead of being objective. PLommer makes Donsld Trump look like Susan B. Anthony.

PLommer...got your message. Sorry, was not available last night. I'll try calling Monday or Tuesday if that works.

PS women like attention from unattractive guys too. THey just don't want attention from creepy guys....and remember physical attractiveness means far less to women than to men.

plommer really manned up in this thread.

i dare any woman to fight him

:inyourface:

IAG
PS women like attention from unattractive guys too. THey just don't want attention from creepy guys....and remember physical attractiveness means far less to women than to men.
not sure what makes somebody "creepy" though :dunno:

IAG
PLommer tends to paint with a broad brush.

How else could I explain it?

I posted my beliefs, you say broad brush, I say yes there are exceptions to the rule but just because there are exceptions doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply.

If you disagree with the points I've made then please go ahead and refute them with with some evidence.

You said women like attention from unattractive guys, and I'm sure there may be some women that enjoy the attention but the rule is that women are screening for the hottest guy she can get. If there are attractive guys around and unattractive guys approach the woman is going to reject his advances.

IAG

Cash is king.

IAG
and remember physical attractiveness means far less to women than to men.

I think the issue is that society tends to play down the importance of looks to women. We repeatedly hear that men are the shallow ones who care about looks and that women are deeper and care more about personality, at least than men.

That's where the red pill comes in, to say that women care as much about looks as men do, but that they also care about provisioning.

The problem is that they cannot always get the complete package in one individual who is also prepared to commit to them: Hence, alpha fucks, beta bucks.

For hookups, ie one night stands or flings. Women are MUCH choosier than men, not even close.

Men will fuck anything, unconditionally.

Women will "settle" for an unattractive man if he has something else to offer, ie money.
And just because she settles for a man who isn't very attractive she will likely crave sex with attractive men during the relationship.

Women are the gatekeepers of sex, men the gatekeepers of commitment. A womans goal is to secure a relationship while men seek sex and for most men the only way to get sex is to enter into a relationship.

The neat thing is after posting alot of this stuff I've had more people agree than disagree. Even women.
Cali agreed with some of my earlier posts and Teela also agreed with me on some things.

There is alot of truth in the things I've said and the only disagreement has been in the form of "there are exceptions to the rules". There has been no challenge to the core of my beliefs.

Last edited:
The social norm is that men aren't supposed to make women uncomfortable. Women can't handle it.

Expressing emotions to women makes them uncomfortable. When you're unattractive and hit on them, they feel all awkward.

When you're angry, they feel unsafe. When you're worried about job security, they get anxious about money and want out.

Women aren't mature enough to handle your emotions, and the blue pill social norms, in recognition of the immaturity of women, make it a social taboo to make women uncomfortable with your emotions.

Of course, they then dress this up as some kind of female empowerment thing where men need to check their privilege, because acknowledging that women are inferior also makes them uncomfortable.

Basically, men aren't allowed to opt out of providing value to women. Either they provide alpha value (tingles) or beta value (resources), but providing no value at all is verboten.

You're not allowed to not play the game. You're either a viable sperm donor or provider & protector. Optimally both, but never neither. If you opt out of women all together, you're a misogynist. To disregard women is misogyny.

I do not think for a second that women are being dishonest when they say they like kindness.

I don't even think they are deluding themselves (who doesn't like kindness?).

It has been mentioned elsewhere that liking =/= attraction.

So, what do I mean?

The point is that women don't specify physical attractiveness as a necessary but not sufficient condition (I do understand the difference/distinction) because they don't consider non-physically attractive men as men.

I do not specify that I require my choice in a mate to be human, as I consider that a given.

Similarly, women do not list physical attractiveness as a bona fide requirement for attraction because they don't see unattractive men.

It is enough to use the noun "men" alone to represent the pool of realistically possible mates, where what is meant is "men meeting some minimum level of physical attractiveness."

Men don't think this way. Therefore, when we hear a litany of preferences (nice, intelligent, funny), we construe those - at some level - to be the "entrance requirements." In reality, they are the fine discriminators.

Plommer, I have a friend who has similar views on female attraction. He calls it stud vs. provider. But they are all just generalizations. When you start doing that, you automatically put people in buckets before even giving them a chance to be categorized outside of your generalizations.