Scrambled Eggs - the diary of an aspiring professional cash game grinder

• Start date
  • Replies 184 Comments
  • Views 11,249 Views
I'm not hearing about any freebies. And you're paying for your own room and board? Unless the game is uniquely profitable I would look for something else. Might have to travel the country, but I'd think you could find some worthwhile deals in AC at least or closer.

I'm not hearing about any freebies. And you're paying for your own room and board? Unless the game is uniquely profitable I would look for something else. Might have to travel the country, but I'd think you could find some worthwhile deals in AC at least or closer.

No doubt man I'm switching spots as we speak and traffic is fucked up today I think I just made some Asian lady crap her pants in front of her kids but she drives like an asshole.

I'll pm u when seated.

Yeah man I have a spot in AC that does free rooms and food if you play a 5 hour session, I'll have to check that out. I think I'm likely going to set up camp there on Sunday and see what happens. Worst case scenario if I don't like their room I can get the 5 hours out of the way, get the room and bang around AC. My concerns are safety and I've heard their room is usually not much more than the locals. I called about the promo and the guy said "yeah we book them a week in advance", I didn't know what exactly that meant. Does it mean I come play 5 hours then I am eligible for a room in a week? That's fine if so. I just don't know. Delaware Park also has a $30 per night special if you're playing so I'll check that out. Been looking to check out Maryland downs too.

What I've been doing is chasing whoever is running high hand promos when, because there haven't (since the hours promos I smashed) been any other promos around within the next couple hours or so driving distance.

You're right though, if I'm paying $230 to play 2.5 hours that money can easily be used for fuel or flights. Thank you for pointing that out.

I do view that spot I was in as uniquely profitable so I'll still bang around there for their hours promos when nothing else is going on. They hame a promo tomorrow morning starting at 8:30 am where ten people playing will win seats to a $325 buy in tournanent. It's going to hurt but I'll head up there for that.

Yeah man I have a spot in AC that does free rooms and food if you play a 5 hour session, I'll have to check that out. I think I'm likely going to set up camp there on Sunday and see what happens. Worst case scenario if I don't like their room I can get the 5 hours out of the way, get the room and bang around AC. My concerns are safety and I've heard their room is usually not much more than the locals. I called about the promo and the guy said "yeah we book them a week in advance", I didn't know what exactly that meant. Does it mean I come play 5 hours then I am eligible for a room in a week? That's fine if so. I just don't know. Delaware Park also has a $30 per night special if you're playing so I'll check that out. Been looking to check out Maryland downs too.

What I've been doing is chasing whoever is running high hand promos when, because there haven't (since the hours promos I smashed) been any other promos around within the next couple hours or so driving distance.

You're right though, if I'm paying $230 in rooms to play 2.5 hours away that money can easily be used for fuel or flights. Thank you for pointing that out.

I do view that spot I was in as uniquely profitable so I'll still bang around there for their hours promos when nothing else is going on. They hame a promo tomorrow morning starting at 8:30 am where ten people playing will win seats to a $325 buy in tournanent. It's going to hurt but I'll head up there for that.

As always I very much appreciate your insight.

might actually play something. I'm in Vegas and there's a lot of games. The WS is happening I guess. Just walked by Bellagio room. Doyal Brunson is playing what I'm assuming is high limit at one table. A few feet away a guy just calls and loses 9k at another table. Five feet away there are jokers farting around with $1 chips at a 2-4 limit game.
:clapper:now that's what makes America great

might actually play something. I'm in Vegas and there's a lot of games. The WS is happening I guess. Just walked by Bellagio room. Doyal Brunson is playing what I'm assuming is high limit at one table. A few feet away a guy just calls and loses 9k at another table. Five feet away there are jokers farting around with $1 chips at a 2-4 limit game.
:clapper:now that's what makes America great

:lmao:

Yeah it is

I need to be out there

Lost $47 over the course of 8 hours and 40 minutes at spot 3 last night

I am making $1.09/hr over the course of 28 hours there since I started keeping track

:fearpanic:
:sbrjohn:

Delaware Park, play 40 hours through 6.30 to get in $20k freeroll 7.14 @ 3 pm

I believe they had $30 room special for poker players

If I confirm that's true in the immortal words of the Kings of Leon in the legendary song On Call

I'LL BE THERE

Hopefully you're luck turns around and hourly pay goes up again! Hang in there and be safe! By the way how are you feeling health wise? :dunno:

Good besides the fatigue, thanks Monk! I guess the fatigue is a big BUT, though!

Don't know what it is about spot #3 I don't run that good there! A lot of people say the same thing! Sucks because their high hand specials are excellent, as is their service and the crowd and even though dealer girl is not into me she's still really pretty! Whatevarr!

Wot? Delaware Park is 47 minutes away from me?

Looks like Eggers had better hit the road. Bye gueys.

slap that thinking out of your head

No seriusly my friend who used to do this before he was a lawyer before the miracle grow inheritance said so! And he's never wrong! Replacing it at least to an extent with spot 1!

Did play couple hours in the huge cash game room set up during WS at Rio. Escaped, made couple hundred. It's quite a spectacle they have set up overthere :papageorge:

Did play couple hours in the huge cash game room set up during WS at Rio. Escaped, made couple hundred. It's quite a spectacle they have set up overthere :papageorge:

I'm seriously thinking of heading down there when I finish this run at this place Thursday. I have to talk to one of the blackjack guys about his schedule, maybe we'll all hang out.

How long will it be so beautifully juicy from wsop wvents?

Grats on the hundred or so hourly roi andd welcome back to the game, renoballz.

The first session at the new place was an interesting one. Played with what I'd say is "the usuals". Really good players, and very respectful of some new blood. I told them exactly what I was doing there and they responded by giving me the inside scoop on how to handle the promos around there, very cool. So here's what we've got freebie wise:

For the $20k tourney yes it is 40 hours by 6.30 to get in BUT if you get 55 in you get a 5k chip for the tourney which they said is big. I'll go ahead and do that. For me that's actually a slight reduction in hours :ohmy:. Probably going to reread (to an extent) this puppy as I play at the tables. I say reread because I had it before and only read some of it, shame on me it's great stuff. Got a favorite tourney book man? Let me know if so. I want to do all I can to maximize my chances in this tourney. I'm to move in my new apartment in 3 weeks and yes I'm good, but I could always be better man.

Another promo they shed light on is play 3 hours form 3 am - 9 am and get a $50 slot voucher. Sounds pretty pointless at first but if I bang out 5 of them that's $250. Then a player was telling me he knows how to run at a 50% roi at slots and will show me when we get the vouchers. I accept said proposal and if doesn't happen I'll save them until a female wants to hang out with me and we can have some fun or whatever. I'm sure his offer's legit though so weeeeee free roll.

So good freebie scene there, and this is going to be a main spot of mine because of that and

so about 9 pm a new table started and it was fun banging around with the usuals but I do need my action. First hand in I decide to make a table image play with 78 suited. Flop 3 7's, opponent puts me on AK and air and decides to make a big play, I have no idea with what. Picked up $200 from that and was on cruise control. AA finally started holding up (I had it 7 freaking times that session man, 3 times no good, 2 times everyone folding and 2 I got paid decent but not huge amounts), KK etc. Came out $310 up on the day in 12 hours which is a little above expectations, so very cool - especially since it started with my AA getting busted up by an all in semibluff post flop that I might a nice read on and still got screwed. He did have a lot of outs though (open ended straight draw) but still I got it in good and that's what's important. ALMOST picked up a high hand, too. Missed by like ten minutes. Juicy overlay for those there, big perk.

So we'll see how things develop, good stuff so far.

Yeah if you get a chance let me know what you'll be doing, the one blackjack guy was telling me the main one was looking to run with him to Vegas real soon, but the one who told me that is still recovering from major surgery. I might head out there and bang out poker while he does his crazy blackjack shit and we can party or whatever. I need to find room and food specials out there, if you have anything in mind for where to look feel free to let me know. Looking for free room with safety and no hookers are not important. You'd probably have a room to stay in if that's a concern and food on us, not sure how far out you are from there.

Chicken grease.

Last edited:
Wow, wow.

Not going into detail on week two but, eh fucking hem. :hattip::blushing:

Even I'm impressed and dude, I fucking hate me.

yes this is better. the slot voucher should be almost as good as cash. (assuming it's your standard freeplay that can be used on any machine) Freeroll sounds good too. I don't remember reading any tournament books but I'm sure there are many out there.

don't know when WS started but I'm guessing it goes on for weeks, I'll be here through Thursday.

Not up on all the poker promos here but I know there are freerolls, people like to keep things quiet for obvious reasons. My freebies come from playing slot/vp machines primarily.

I like the 78 play. I will more often raise with that preflop than any big pairs/Ax