Scrambled Eggs - the diary of an aspiring professional cash game grinder

• Start date
  • Replies 184 Comments
  • Views 11,175 Views
i played 1/2 today. i bought in for 200. it was going pretty good i played for 4 hours. it was a hyper aggressive table and i did a lot of pre flop raising to initiate action. i was up to 425 when i got the dream. Aces on the button. Everyone at the table called an underthegun raise of 5. I raised to 20. A few folds but guy in 4-5 seat reraised to 50 1 call and a another guy before me reraised to 100. I called and 50 raiser goes all in with 250ish 100 reraiser pushes all in with 500. The other caller folded and I called. JJ vs AA vs AK suited.

flop 10 J Q

F
M
L

TURN 2

RIVER J

I got last place and lost 425 (although technically just 200.) I was pissed so I left.

:help::tears:

Wow. Great smooth call to the $100 to fool them, I make that move too there and get fucked the same way. Tough one, well played. Where'd you play?

Winstar its like on the border of Texas/Oklahoma on I-35. I think I played it right, thats just poker. Terrible hand for the variance though that was a massive pot

Gotcha, yeah that's pretty fucked man.

Finished down $123 at spot #3, not even annoyed by it because I went as card dead there as I did get hit in the face with awesome cards at spot #1. That put me at +$264 on the day, so very good day.

One unfortunate thing I have my eye on is alot of the players at spot #3 are getting to know how I play so they aren't paying me on my big hands. It's not time to decide that's true enough to make an adjustment yet, but I really have an eye on what I'm pulling in where. When the month is over and the contest to get in this big drawing is complete I'll make the judgmenet there. It'd suck to have to mix it up there as I have the best time for the most part there because of the food, atmosphere, the other players and yes my crush :blushing: but this is about profit.

Spot 3 again tomorrow early (for me) as their high hand promo runs 11-7 then maybe over to spot #1 since their high hands pay $1k tomorrow and it goes to midnight.

Then assuming all goes according to plan I'm going to head over to the whipped ass sex dungeon, I've been a very bad boy.

Correction on yesterday, it was +$274.

Note to self to look into structuring a possible AC trip for this weekend, maybe Delaware or Maryland depending on who's running what.

It's funny how the numbers shake out. For instance yesterday up $400 in a couple of hours at one spot then the $123 loss in about ten hours at spot two.

In the end a good 1/2 grinder should be at or above $10/hour and a great one should be in the $15/hr range from what I hear. From the 4 days I've been been playing down here it comes to a little over $10/hr, $15.01 per day and sessions averaging between 12-15 hours. If we add the money from the mistake roll we're on target for where we should be, and we should be able to accomplish our goal to move up in about 12 sessions.

Lets see if we can make that shizznit happen.

Have a great day, GL crew :cheers:

Last edited:
You could probably loosen up a little and maybe even start bluffing at the players that respect you at that venue. Make sure its only the players you recognize as mostly random 1 2s tend to be call stations

You could probably loosen up a little and maybe even start bluffing at the players that respect you at that venue. Make sure its only the players you recognize as mostly random 1 2s tend to be call stations

Yeah man. I have hesitation to really start doing that until I'm back at 1/3 but definitely good stuff and something that's been missing from my game

Definitely appreciate it.

Lolol at yesterday's happenings, unreal.

Alright so I started off at spot 3 because their high hands started at 11. Played pretty well and came out $147 down regardless. Like I was saying about no one paying me on my big hands there, case and point. Also ran into variance in the few hours I was there.

Then it was over to spot one, and I was steaming from a losing session, it really doesn't happen very often so I'm not used to it. At spot 1 things got going, I was down a bit but playing ok then I got into this table image play with 10J suited that lead me to catching the nut straight against my opponent's AK for a huge pot. My image was so tight that he didn't see it coming.

Then dealer girl showed up to play and ended up sitting at our table. She said hi and we exchanged pleasantries, it was very cool and friendly. It was funny too because I was telling this great aggressive player I had been sitting with all night how I was into this dealer at that place a little bit. He puts two and two together and realizes it's her, and tells me he's pulling for me. Next she ends up being completely into him, lol. I'm not salty about it, she of course can do as she likes and he has a lot going for him that I'm a little ways out on. Cool as fuck dude too, we ended up bonding to an extent from the experience and good players don't associate with each other that much so a connection like that is very chill. He actually ended up felting her as well and he and I dominated the table all night. He more than me but I won $432 there bringing me to +$285 on the day and closer to our goal :whengy:.

Not too much in the mistake log but some things to look into. I'm leaning spot 1 today but we'll see what happens.

Hope you all had a good one.

Last edited:
Here's how the numbers shake out since our dedication to stepping down to 1/2, keeping a journal of hands/mistakes and doing everything right shakes out:

((358+130+274+285+(-158))/5)/12

Session 1: -$158
Session 2: +$358
Session 3: +$130
Session 4: +$274
Session 5: +$258

Average Session: $177.80
Average hourly wage based on 12 hours per session: $14.82

Hey, that's pretty good! BUT:

I have $207 logged in what I see as mistakes in these 5 sessions.

Here's how the numbers look without those:

Average Session: $219.20
Average hourly wage based on 12 hours per session: $18.27

If that's not motivation to clean it the FUCK up (so we can reach our goal to move up asap), I don't know what is. The cool thing is when it is all cleaned up and we've reached our goal we should be making some serious loot at 1/3. I was already doing quite well there before 'the incident'.

:abc:

Last edited:
I think I have to do the right thing and get dealer girl posting here.

Everyone wins if I can make that happen.

Man, poker was extended cruelty for Baconator today. No sets, I think 5 out of 6 pairs of Kings busted, massive variance and unfortunately some tilted play which I thought I was done doing. I've had a couple of personal things annoying me a little bit and I think they also factored in. Lost $209 at spot one and $332 at spot two for a disgusting $541. Technically it's not even two buy ins so not the end of the world but pretty annoying nonetheless as I had been on my way to accomplishing my goal to move up soon. One of the local grinders took the time to sit next to me, introduce himself and talk shop for a session so that was very cool. Damn good player, probably better than me.

Today I am taking a small road trip to a different spot because they have a high hand promo that runs 11 am to midnight. Should be good and hopefully very productive. Have to stick to my damn game despite how I sometimes feel emotionally. WORD.

MAN UP, EGGS. TILTING IS FOR PUSSIES.

Alright, everyone have a good one. Except for that waitress that told me she'd check on Sammy Adams and get back to me - that was my dinner beer and I could've just called an audible if you ever came back. I don't want you to have a bad one though, just exactly mediocre.

Seriously debating moving up now.

Yep, I'm doing it. :ohmy:

Brass balls people!!!!

Last edited:
How much have you been getting out of the promos?

Picked up $200 from a drawing at spot #4 but that's been it since the hours promos. Missed a $250 high hand by ten minutes and another one because I didn't know if I had stalled for like 40 seconds it would have meant $250, oops.

So the opportunities have been there and more cashes will come. I drove up to this spot today because it's $500 high hands all the way until midnight. What to do about food and charging my phone I have yet to find out man.

I won't be moving up today because they don't offer 1/2 and I sure as fuck ain't moving up to 2/5 yet.

I think I have to do the right thing and get dealer girl posting here.

Everyone wins if I can make that happen.

A must do sir and tell her to go by the username "hash brown"! Luv my hash browns and can't have eggs without them!
:heart:

Here's how the numbers shake out since our dedication to stepping down to 1/2, keeping a journal of hands/mistakes and doing everything right shakes out:

((358+130+274+285+(-158))/5)/12

Session 1: -$158
Session 2: +$358
Session 3: +$130
Session 4: +$274
Session 5: +$258

Average Session: $177.80
Average hourly wage based on 12 hours per session: $14.82

Hey, that's pretty good! BUT:

I have $207 logged in what I see as mistakes in these 5 sessions.

Here's how the numbers look without those:

Average Session: $219.20
Average hourly wage based on 12 hours per session: $18.27

If that's not motivation to clean it the FUCK up (so we can reach our goal to move up asap), I don't know what is. The cool thing is when it is all cleaned up and we've reached our goal we should be making some serious loot at 1/3. I was already doing quite well there before 'the incident'.

More importantly great to see this! Well organized you are and preparation is the key to success!

what about the bonuses for most hours played? Freeroll tournaments?
That's the ones I'd be looking for. High hand/drawings are tough and everybody qualifies for em. You wan't shit that only the few can qualify for. :sparesomecutter: