Running bad

• Start date
  • Replies 76 Comments
  • Views 5,490 Views
I think that about growing pot all the time, but it's so hard to find something that would give me the same amount of schedule flexibility for the income. We all need to pool our resources and take a multi-pronged approach to wealth-building. With no limit on the amount of pot I can sell this year, we should just go balls to the wall and grow a couple hundred pounds and use the half mil in sales to launch a proper company which would provide a truly passive income. I just can't grow that much pot by myself is all.

How many people would it take to yield that much?

Ideally you'd want four, each responsible for a seperate setup of 60-80 plants depending on the strain. It's about 4 hours a day time investment, and probably $20k in equipment/nutrients for the duration of the season and to pay guardians at the harvest and trimmers once it was all down. I've seen it done with three people, but they looked pretty haggard at the end of it all. This is assuming that market prices for pot are going to fall 25% now that we're in our first "uncapped" season as pot growers. I could be off on that estimate, it's just a gut feeling. The huge players in the market were already buying off the cops and growing ten times the amount they were allowed to under the law. I think the increase in supply isn't going to be as dramatic as some suggest, since it's mostly single-person operations like myself that will be making the largest strides in production and we're a distinct minority in the industry.

RogueScholar is talking business and cutting corners. I fucking love it!

:yes:

Ideally you'd want four, each responsible for a seperate setup of 60-80 plants depending on the strain. It's about 4 hours a day time investment, and probably $20k in equipment/nutrients for the duration of the season and to pay guardians at the harvest and trimmers once it was all down. I've seen it done with three people, but they looked pretty haggard at the end of it all. This is assuming that market prices for pot are going to fall 25% now that we're in our first "uncapped" season as pot growers. I could be off on that estimate, it's just a gut feeling. The huge players in the market were already buying off the cops and growing ten times the amount they were allowed to under the law. I think the increase in supply isn't going to be as dramatic as some suggest, since it's mostly single-person operations like myself that will be making the largest strides in production and we're a distinct minority in the industry.

Interesting. What were you limited to before? Were you limited by the amount that could be in the curing and flowering stages? What do you mean by season? Are you confined by weather? Or is there a designated cultivation period?

The previous limits were 25 mature plants per patient on my caregiver's certificate, and 3 pounds of dried product on my person at any given time. Those are now out the window in favor of a "derby" season, which I guess is designed to consolidate growing operations since there was simply too much ongoing conversion of residential housing into covert grow-ops to conceal the real amount some people were producing. Arcata alone has over 30% of their single-family residential structures that were registered as medical cannabis production locations. The green gold rush got to be too much for more conservative elements of Northern California to brook.

I grow outdoors, so I'm reliant on the Earth's naturally variable photoperiod to bring my plants into a flowering state. The plants naturally stop growing and put all their remaining lifespan into flowering after the autumnal equinox, so the entire year becomes a process of getting the plants into a max. yield scenario at the equinox by pruning, training and manipulating the nutrient solution which is added to the irrigation system. The biggest limit is the water supply, and that you can only carry a very limited amount of mature plants through the summer as the natural springs and creeks slow to a trickle and the locations are too remote for trucking water in.

Obviously another approach would be to lease an industrial location and do a large-scale indoor operation, but I have only cursory familiarity with that method. I grew up living off the land and my single harvest outdoor method has worked just fine to date, and I don't have to pay for the lights.

Legislatively, there is none. I'm surmising that the Legislature will re-evaluate the situation after the November elections to see if it's had any of the desired effects, but until further notice, there simply aren't any limits.

I don't think I could be a professional gambler.

Why? Because even if I could clear 50 or 60 grand a year, I would never be satisified. I would always be thinking about the lost wagers, the missed opportunities. I would be constantly trying to win more, more, more and in the process would make terrible mistakes.

If I make 50 or 60 grand at work, that is comfortable for me and I'm somewhat satisifed.

But for me, you can never win enough money, there isn't a magic number that makes it satisifying.

That is my mentality, anyhow.

Teamer you are not a pro like me, MF and Durito.

You guys are mentally tougher than I, no question about it.

But I can drink 12 beers and not get hungover, does that count for anything?

I don't think I could be a professional gambler.

Why? Because even if I could clear 50 or 60 grand a year, I would never be satisified. I would always be thinking about the lost wagers, the missed opportunities. I would be constantly trying to win more, more, more and in the process would make terrible mistakes.

If I make 50 or 60 grand at work, that is comfortable for me and I'm somewhat satisifed.

But for me, you can never win enough money, there isn't a magic number that makes it satisifying.

That is my mentality, anyhow.

I doubt I could get a job that pays 50k a year.

You guys are mentally tougher than I, no question about it.

But I can drink 12 beers and not get hungover, does that count for anything?

no cause i can drink 12 beers and 10 shots and not get hungover.

Lets have a drink-off durito will set a line on it, well split the vig, lol.

running hot

now up .0726% for the year. that almost pays my cell phone bill... send me some pot please rs

that lasted about 8 hours, down again

Durito did it ever occur to you that maybe you just don't "have it" like I do?