Record Level Of Seismic Activity At GameLive.com

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
The highly sensitive seismic monitoring equipment at GameLive.com went off the charts yesterday with the epicenter believed to have been in a Canadian indoor location on some solidly frozen ice. The incident is believed to have occurred at 3/4" above the earth's crust and lasted more than 90 minutes with the most violent activity occurring around 5pm local time.

hakpjaaco.jpg

Although there is no word on injuries so far, people on the scene did report a high level of smugness from Canadians along with a lot of Americans crying into their beer. Oddly, there are reports of incomprehensible Russians who mumbled "that should have been us" and somehow thinking the year is 1988 and they're actually in Calgary. Aftershocks have been reported on the forum throughout the day and we will update the situation when we have any further news.

Last edited:
Just very happy myself. Since the globalization of hockey, there have been 11 elite tournaments of this kind where the best hockey countries send their very best. Canada has won 7. No other country has won more than 1. (On top of that, Canada also won the great 1972 Summit Series against the Soviets.)

It is an amazing record. I keep expecting it to level off but we did it again. Even if we never win again, there is very little chance that anyone will catch up to that number of elite championships by the time I die. I am so goofy about our hockey heritage, that fact is quite comforting to me.

I am very proud of the hard-working and gutsy team of 2010.

Congrats Muddy and love your country pride! Canada is hockey and I think back in 1972 the Russians played a "figure skating" style of hockey. Avoid contact at all costs. :canada:

Just very happy myself. Since the globalization of hockey, there have been 11 elite tournaments of this kind where the best hockey countries send their very best. Canada has won 7. No other country has won more than 1. (On top of that, Canada also won the great 1972 Summit Series against the Soviets.)

It is an amazing record. I keep expecting it to level off but we did it again. Even if we never win again, there is very little chance that anyone will catch up to that number of elite championships by the time I die. I am so goofy about our hockey heritage, that fact is quite comforting to me.

I am very proud of the hard-working and gutsy team of 2010.

We get it Muddy. You guys are good at hockey. And really proud of it.

Mudcat get real. There's been many tournaments and the Canadians get their ass kicked most of the time. Whether it's Olympics, World Championships or visiting CSKA smacking around the NHL teams.
You just highlight those tournaments you deem important. Why? because it benefits your patriotic perspective.

1972, nobody was supposed be able to challenge the Canadian pros. The smug fucks thought they would easily blow the Russian team out of the water. But they got smoked in Canada and that was the sensation. Sure, they pulled it together and won some games in Moscow. But the Russian teams handily defeated the Canadian teams consistently throughout the 70's and 80's.

Looks like we've been seeing more aftershocks in the past few hours.

Polaroid, that could be the plot to an episode of Southpark lol

LOLLLLLLLLL!!! The Russians turn up is the best!! Get 'em Reno!!!

What the Russians need is a Canadian coaching staff.

If England can turn to an Italian, than Russia can turn to some Canadians for help.

And boy, do they need help.

If Canada wins the World Cup of soccer there will be a 9.0 earthquake in Toronto. Mark my words!

The highly sensitive seismic monitoring equipment at GameLive.com went off the charts yesterday with the epicenter believed to have been in a Canadian indoor location on some solidly frozen ice. The incident is believed to have occurred at 3/4" above the earth's crust and lasted more than 90 minutes with the most violent activity occurring around 5pm local time.

hakpjaaco.jpg

Although there is no word on injuries so far, people on the scene did report a high level of smugness from Canadians along with a lot of Americans crying into their beer. Oddly, there are reports of incomprehensible Russians who mumbled "that should have been us" and somehow thinking the year is 1988 and they're actually in Calgary. Aftershocks have been reported on the forum throughout the day and we will update the situation when we have any further news.

Hillarious!!! Well done.

Canadians do coach in teh KHL over in Russia. BAsiucally the KHL is trying to compete with the NHL, but they're not even close to competing on thetalent level. The KHL is a step above the AHL, but several steps below the NHL.

Mudcat get real. There's been many tournaments and the Canadians get their ass kicked most of the time. Whether it's Olympics, World Championships or visiting CSKA smacking around the NHL teams.
You just highlight those tournaments you deem important. Why? because it benefits your patriotic perspective.

1972, nobody was supposed be able to challenge the Canadian pros. The smug fucks thought they would easily blow the Russian team out of the water. But they got smoked in Canada and that was the sensation. Sure, they pulled it together and won some games in Moscow. But the Russian teams handily defeated the Canadian teams consistently throughout the 70's and 80's.

Yes, I am just talking about tournaments like the Olympics where the best countries can send whomever they consider their best without restriction.

There are many other hockey games that happen in the world. You left out Spengler Cup, Izvestia Cup. Maybe those fit your argument too. I honestly couldn't even tell you how Canadian teams have done in those. Like the other stuff you mentioned, they are collections of leftovers and didn't-make-its and doesn't-really-matters. It would be like talking about soccer friendlies in a discussion of World Soccer powers.

I'm not sure if you are aware but the NHL playoffs are still going on during the Hockey World Championships. The very best, most competitive players from all countries are still playing for their club teams during the World Championships. Even when Canada has won, we know that doesn't count for anything.

As I said, I was talking about the tournaments involving the best of the best.

What about the World Juniors?

Spengler is also played during hockey season.

What about the World Juniors?

The World Juniors is the one other tournament that could almost be classified as elite. Countries send the best of the best - but under a certain age. So it is an elite level playing field. The only caveat is sometimes there are eligible players who have already been drafted by pro teams and are not allowed to play by their club team.

I was trying to help Reno out with his point by bringing up that other stuff, but if one is wanting to make an anti-Canada-hockey point, they would definitely not want to bring up the World Juniors.

I'm afraid Canada has kicked ass there pretty good.