Random thoughts

I'll see if my sister and family want it. I'll offer the t-shirt too.

barack-obama-what.gif

Dissed by Mudcat. This one hurts, boys.

Oh, sorry, I'm guilty of not understanding whether or not people are joshing around. Or maybe we're joshing around now.

Or maybe both. Or maybe not at all.

Story of my life.

You know what else I've got here? An Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Waterproof Floating Bluetooth speaker. That was my actual Christmas gift from work. Like, not an extra little surprise - I selected it from a list. I don't remember selecting it but I obviously did. I bet it's a pretty good thing. I wouldn't know what to do with it though. Maybe my nephew can use it.

I, by the way, am so out-of-it due to punishing overwork right now, I actually had to check the date to see if it's Christmas Eve.

Made me look.

Black folks in North America often have interesting names. Devonte, Shannequa, Tre'Davius. I feel like there's a cultural thing going on.

I don't mind the concept. Mixin' it up. I think it's at least partly about rejecting the sort of names slavers used. I'm down with that.

My only misgiving is that some people must go through their entire lives having to spell and have little discussions about their names over and over. Especially when you toss an apostrophe in there. I would find that annoying.

I work with a black guy named Jray. Kind of a cool name but I can imagine the questions and comments. Every single time.

I work with another black guy named Femi. Maybe that's a different category of name. Islands maybe? I'm not even sure. He doesn't talk so I have no accent to go on.

It's not a name I'm jealous of, I'll say that.

Black folks in North America often have interesting names.
I find it amusing when parents name their sons after occupations. I'm referring to ex NFL player LAWYER Milloy.

He is the only Lawyer I'm aware of that never studied law.

So here I am all alone at home on Christmas day. I have heard/seen suggestions that this should make me very sad and melancholy. Possibly even suicidal.

That is not what I'm feeling.

If I had to put my feelings into words I would say: I feel like I have gotten away scott-free with a perfect crime.

Muddy how about those people that keeping saying excuse me to everybody browsing in the supermarket isles as they go by?

You know what I mean, people stand back a little to have a wider view eye browsing and then they come and cut off your view, and then apologize for that second of interruption.